Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, After I just recently installed a keyless entry on my car the battery seems to die everytime my car is off. When I leave my car off for a while (8 hours) then go to start it up the starter just starts really really slow and eventualy gets momentum and the engine starts. Could this be the battery dying or maybe my keyless entry f**ked something up??

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
thats excellent advice given there, you need to check battery brain with the car in its normal parked state...

you'll need a digital multimeter and check that current draw

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
if you are getting 3.3 amps of draw with the car off.. you got [/i]major, major[/i] issues.....

good luck finding that drain, i'd start off by pulling the fuse on the keyless and working from there

·
Registered
74 Posts
You might just need a new battery, same thing happen to my civic when i had it. All of a sudden it just started turning over really slow. Took it to auto zone and my battery was low on voltage, so they tried to charge it, but it wouldnt charge past like 10.5 volts. I just replaced the battery, problem fixed.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Not knowing anything about what you have on your car. If you just noticed the battery dying after you got keyless entry, its probably installed wrong.

·
Registered
65 Posts
italiano831 on Apr/17/04 said:
You might just need a new battery, same thing happen to my civic when i had it. All of a sudden it just started turning over really slow. Took it to auto zone and my battery was low on voltage, so they tried to charge it, but it wouldnt charge past like 10.5 volts. I just replaced the battery, problem fixed.
he might very well need one after the continual draining and re-charging, HOWEVER, having that said, like MorningZ said, if he's drawing 3.3 amps with the car OFF, he's got more problems than the battery

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I took my battery to Advanced Auto Parts and had my battery tested and it turns out (or so they say) that the battery was bad. I bought a new one from them and everything seems to be working just right now. Car starts right up - but I guess if something is draining it then I'll know very soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts