Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago on Stylin Concepts website I saw a device that hooked up between your battery and the car. The device monitors the battery power and if it finds the voltage falling low on power it would automatically cut the power to the car- ensure the car would be able to start when you returned to it. They no longer sell this device and no one there seems re-call it. Does anyone know where I could find one or what it might be called so I can search the net. Thanks
-----MARK------

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Rock_The_Ace on Mar/16/04 said:
If you're worried about your battery, you could always get a capacitor. Just another idea if you can't find that.
A capacitor would IN NO WAY save his battery
a capacitor is designed to level out the voltage an amplier gets it's in no way meant to help the life of the battery only the life of an amplifiers power supply
please get your facts straight

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Ford calls it battery saver/run down protection. Chevrolet calls it battery rundown protection. Hope that helps you with some keywords.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
this would be a really nice device...the only thing is though I'd like to know if I've got something draining power other them my alarm the whatever else the car needs...basically something added on that's drawing more then should be drawn...so would I like the fact that it saves my butt, yes...I'd also like to know that there's a problem to begin with...do you know if that priority star tells you in anyway that it has had to activate???
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Oops, you already found what you were lookin' for. Stupid me...wasn't paying attn. Anyway, I still wonder how integrated it would be to some of the newer cars that come with it. If it isn't too dificult, maybe it could be stripped off of a junked car.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
79.99 for the pro model doesn't seem unreasonable. According to their documentation the device is designed to work with car alarms.

and yes- I already have a nice capacitor. The problem stems from my amps. When I had my new stereo installed the remote stwitch for the amps was done wrong. The results were amps that never turned off. About 5 jump starts later I found that problem. That along with the fact the battery is 4 years old and I've left the dome light overnight requiring a few jumps times I think the battery bit the dust.
My fear though is that one of my numerous electrical mods might be wired wrong and slowly draining the battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts