Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
thunder2709 on Apr/15/08 said:
only thing is i think you may want to use a fuse instead of a circut breaker...

a guy on here, jameelrose, lost his RHD turbo DB to an electrical fire and i belive it was because of a bad breaker

EDIT: yup faulty breaker, fuse woulda saved it... Clicky
well it was a faulty circuit breaker( a cheap one at that) and like six other things that caused jameels tragic accident...my dist. block will be on the firewall itself, I have no a/c ..so no a/c lines...my car is LHD, my rear seats fold down, extinguisher sits beneath my seat,and the breaker will be installed on the battery box itself . My setup will be as follows..battery in box in trunk, circuit breaker mounted to box itself..0ga pos. wire run to dist. box on firewall, where bottom of battery was, split to fuse box/ starter /remote battery post on firewall. 2ga neg. wire ground in trunk, and 4ga run along car grounded at block with a neg. remote battery post on firewall as well grounded to chassis via 4ga

·
Registered
330 Posts
In my opinion, you should also put a fuse on the other end of your power cable (in the engine bay) to protect your charging system. It makes no sense to protect only the battery.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts