Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to this whole forum thing but hopefully someone can help me figure out this issue with their previous experience and knowledge. Long story short, battery light came on, after doing some voltage testing. Turned out to be a bad alternator, I replaced it today and battery light still stayed on. I checked the battery and new alternator and was reading 14.8 volts.
Seems like to alternator is doing it’s job fine, possibly maybe to fine? I’ve seen cars between 13.8-14.6. Maybe 14.8 is a bit high and the car is telling me so? Has anyone else had this issue? Hope I can get some help regarding this. Thanks for everyone’s time and consideration.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello, I’m new to this whole forum thing but hopefully someone can help me figure out this issue with their previous experience and knowledge. Long story short, battery light came on, after doing some voltage testing. Turned out to be a bad alternator, I replaced it today and battery light still stayed on. I checked the battery and new alternator and was reading 14.8 volts.
Seems like to alternator is doing it’s job fine, possibly maybe to fine? I’ve seen cars between 13.8-14.6. Maybe 14.8 is a bit high and the car is telling me so? Has anyone else had this issue? Hope I can get some help regarding this. Thanks for everyone’s time and consideration.
14.8 is high how old is the battery ? how do the terminals and wires look ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
14.8 is high how old is the battery ? how do the terminals and wires look ?
battery wasn’t too old. Maybe like 3 years but I went ahead and replaced it today. Now with new battery and new alternator, thinking it would fix the issue now made it even weirder. So now the voltage reads 14.4-14.6 but it idles stupid low but doesn’t turn off , the battery light comes on and when I rev it past 1k-1.5k rpm, the battery light turns off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts