Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever i crank my system over a certain point, it drains my battery and my stereo cuts completely off for a second and the comes on and will continue to do so till i turn down the volume. I have an optima battery in there. Its a 1500 watt amp with 1500 watt sub. Idk if it could be my alternator or what

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
dont go out and blindly buy parts as suggested above...figure out what is wrong first....

firstly, are you sure the amp isnt going into a protect mode? if the only thing cutting out is your sub, then that would be my first guess...

if you lose all electrical tho (i cant tell from your post what exactly goes out) then you need to check into your charging system. if the alternator were dead then the battery would operate your car as a one-time deal until the charge is lost and then you will no longer be able to charge your battery at all unless jumped to another car....

·
Registered
150 Posts
sound more like your amp is going to clip mode aka protect mode

your amp is probably not stable enough to keep up with the sub, need more details of your setup to confirm. I'm pretty sure is not the battery because I've had same problem before when I ran a W7 with an infinity amp with volume ~28+ it clipp..no sound for a few second. Check out your amp when you turn up the volume it's most likely the cause

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
naw the amp is fine with the sub cuz i previously had it in my truck and was working fine. Yes i have a voltage meter, and it dips down around 11 volts when its supposed to be sittin at 14-15. And, its just my complete stereo system that cuts out, ie: cd player, speakers, sub, amp,,,all of it. Even my headlights dim down low due to this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.