Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the article on sway bars and have a few questions. When accelerating out of turns, it feels almost as if the rear is sliding around and not following the front of the car. I just wanted to clarify that this is what's meant by "plowing forward."

Also, does anyone know how difficult it is to install a Comptech rear sway bar and tie bar? And how long it would take?

And finally, what effect will the installatinon of a rear sway bar have on the car's warranty? Will it void the whole thing or just the sway bar coverage?

Thanks for all the help on my basic handling questions.

Brian

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
If an aftermarket bar tears out of your chassis they won't warranty that. No single mod can void your entire car's warranty, it doesn't work like that.

When accelerating into turns, what happens to the direction of your car? An LSD can do wonders for improving grip when on the throttle in turns.

·
Registered
169 Posts
in order for any part of your warranty to be voided, the dealer must prove that the new part caused the problem. If the back end is coming around thats oversteer. You want that with control. You will need a drill some tools and 2 zipties to put the rear sway bar,tie bar on.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The Comptech sway/tie requires no drilling or zippys. The tiebar actually has cool little rabbits on the chassis side that your ABS wires slip into. Comptech has engineered this combo to prevent tearout.

Get it, its bad to the bone.

InspiredRacer on Sep/30/02 said:
in order for any part of your warranty to be voided, the dealer must prove that the new part caused the problem. If the back end is coming around thats oversteer. You want that with control. You will need a drill some tools and 2 zipties to put the rear sway bar,tie bar on.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah you know that sway bar may be stiff enough to rip right out of the car's subframe but man no way can they ever get past those zip ties haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts