Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my turbo kit is just about ready. Ill be putting it all in next week. I've read about 1 billion different recommendations on the timing retard per PSI for a basemap, but I wanted to get one for my specific setup.

Heres my setup:
dc2
stock jdm b16a swap (10.4:1 cr)
garrett t3/t04e 57 trim 63 a/r
spooling performance mani
2.5" A/C dp, closed loop dump
tial 38mm wg
delphi 440cc injectors
ECU chipped w/ crome and AEM UEGO is always on

My goals are a conservative 250whp. Ill be running 7psi to start with and it will be street tuned for now.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Leave it stock if you have crome. You only retard it if you don't have the ability to control ignition like on a stock ECU. This is to prevent detonation under boost.

You should be able to control ignition and boost on crome. With a stock base timing, everything will work better, especially when it comes to inspection as we check base timing to see if its within specs here in CA. So if its off, you fail and pollute a whole lot.

Which goes back to the other thread MD started with the ignition tuning.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I completely understand the concept of ignition timing, MBTT, etc., just looking for a safe retard/psi for a base to work from. Also looking at possibilities of street tuning the timing, but that will be later...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.