Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm gonna be gettin' a sub and box soon, and the sub i want is a 12" type r or a w3, but i'll just use the type r as an example for my problem. well the type r asks for 0.7-1.0 cubic feet of air, but what about bandpass boxes? do i just add up the sealed and ported side or what..? thanks, any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
What kind of car are these going in. A bandpass or ported box will work great in an open are, via a hatchback. Sealed boxes are better for trunks.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its going into an altima (signature) and i'm going bandpass cause ive heard its best for boomier bass and applications like hip hop which is mainly what i listen to. also, i heard a a 12" sony sub with similar power output to the alpine (but much less quality) and it sounded great in that box...and from what i could gather online, the sony sub and the alpine need similar volume, so i figured that box would be a good one. the demensions of the box are 15x18.5x16 if that helps

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
well, if you are doing a bandpass box, then the specs for a sealed box get thrown right out the window... one has no bearing on the other...

for a box not listed in the owners manual (btw, why start a whole new thread on the same exact question?), just call Alpine tech support: 800-ALPINE1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts