Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some used 98-01 teg wheels, the gsr kind, for my 97 gsr so I would have some track/autoX wheels. The idea was to use these as my daily wheels and then use the stock ones, kinda mesh looking, for track wheels(the mesh are lighter). Great right except I cant get the new, 98-01, wheels to come clean. I tried scrubbing them with some nasty wheel cleaner and there was still alot of gunk left on the lip and interior part where they have a rough finish. I was gonna try to use a very fine grade sandpaper to clean them up. Does anyone have any other idea's? If I make them ugly it is no biggie they are now my track wheels so I am not stressin over this.

97 gsr

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Its hard to get off, the way I got mine clean is alot of brake cleaner and alot of scrubbing.

It takes awhile, but it does look good!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
once you get them clean you might want to put something on them like Klasse or a wheel wax. That will help keep the brake dust from sticking that bad in the future.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
is there any special wheel cleaner that with get the baked on crap off the wheels easier? I only have so much elbow grease!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
StyleTEG on Sep/18/02 said:
Its hard to get off, the way I got mine clean is alot of brake cleaner and alot of scrubbing.

It takes awhile, but it does look good!
brake cleaner won't harm the clearcoat will it? last i checked, the brake cleaner i had contained acetone..

·
Registered
19 Posts
use aircraft clear coat remover they sell it at adance autoparts, and then clear coat it all over, i did it and my blades are bling*

·
Registered
853 Posts
i cleaned my rims up nice and good before storing them (in my room) for the winter, and even though most of the stuff came of with soap and water and a lot of scrubbing, i used mothers wheel mag polish type stuff and that took the rest of the brake dust off that regular soap and water woudln't take care of. had to scrub a bit, not sure if they were as bad as yours are, but they were spotless before i put them back on the car last week

1 - 11 of 11 Posts