Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my tranny is still messed up and i think its the syncro i went to a local mechanic and he said that it is probably them not my clutch. but i read a thread that was posted on here a while ago and it said that the gears 3/4 have their own syncro but only my third gear grinds no other grind at all..do any of you have an idea what it is..also how hard would it be to take my trans off and check whats wrong

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Yeah man, you can shift to third by bouncing it off of fourth. I had this same problem but my it fourth is grinding like nuts now too. only in the high rpms though. Get those syncros fixed. That is what I recommend. Then come back and tell us everything you saw and what the real deal was.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would have them fixed like yesterday if i were you.. i let my 5th ger syncro go for like a week and the next week i lost my entire tranny... now i only have 4th gear. i dont even have nuet. that sucks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn...how much do the syncros cost at acura for a gsr does anyone know...i dont know jack about takin my tranny apart but a helms manual would do wonders im sure if i had one

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think the reason that its not grinding in 4th is because 4th gear still uses a syncro but it doesn't transfer power to counter gear/driven gear to work. 4th gear power is all in the input shaft. thats why i think you are not grinding 4th. I can ask my teacher about that tomorrow to make sure. As for taking it apart its a world of pain. There are so many things that are holding it together and to get to it don't get me started. Its like a 3 hour job just to take it apart and most likey more to put it back just cause there is so many parts and you can't remember. Where are you from nice6paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts