Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to get irritated with this miserable weather and with my Teg. First of all, I get this water leak, by which I mean that when I drove through the carwas, I saw soapy water actually pouring from behind the passenger side dash, right behind the glove box. Today, I jump in and fire her up, and I get this wierd humming noise over the normal engine sound.

I know it's not the CAI whistle, because I have a stock intake with an OEM filter. I hear it at idle in neutral, and it gets louder the faster I go, with no relation to what gear I'm in or when I shift. I popped the hood and pulled on the throttle cable, and I localized it to the area around the intake box/ transmission/ distributor/exhaust manifold. I don't know what it is, and since the weather sucks, I can't really look at it more extensively.

Any thoughts anyone can offer would really be appreciated.
Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry gents, no ABS here. It's a '97 SE (might be a Canada-only thing, not sure), which means it's basically an RS with some extra toys (one of which is not ABS).
Also, the leak is not around the windshield (that was the first thing I checked).

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I remember readin something bout a leak on the passenger side from a thread be4... do a search on the forums... as far as for the humming... is comming from the engine? or do you only hear it from inside the car?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did search, but didn't find much I hadn't already checked. And I did look under the hood. It's definitely coming from under there, near the air filter / distributor / tranny /exhaust manifold area.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The water leak might be the drain tube for the moonroof. There are four tubes at each corner of the moonroof that run down the four corners of the car. The front ones run down the A-pillars to above the kick panel in the area you describe and empty out behind the front fender. The tube could be cut or pulled out. You could open the moonroof and direct water into it. You should see the drains by the moonroof. If you get a leak, then you know what it is and can go from there.

If it is not this, it might be that water is leaking in through the fresh air intake to the HVAC system. The intake is in the cowl area under the windshield and on the passenger's side. If you look under the glove compartment, you should be able figure this out.

To test this, you can open the hood and direct water into the area under the windshield. The plastic cowl cover will have a screen that is mainly on the driver's side. This is what feeds the air to the intake that is on the passenger's side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.