Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 95 gsr got stolen last week and the insurance company just told me what my car was worth. They said they are giving me top dollar at $6,300. I was wondering what other people have gotten from insurance. this seems ridiculous, but maybe its just because its my car.

Also, is there anything i could do to get the price higher?

·
Registered
97 Posts
You'd have to have it appraised higher. Most of the time they go off of Blue Book value (or in some cases replacement value).

They don't care if it's a GSR in a really rare color or whatever.

Considering the Kelley value is $6,900 - $7,625 (not accounting for mileage), I'd say you're making out pretty good.

-P

·
Registered
145 Posts
never take there first offer. They are a business like any other. Just insist that there is no way that you are going to stand for them giving you that ammount... most people can squeeze at LEAST a few hundred more from them

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i told them it wasnt enough and complained and complained. still theyre not budging. i dont know what else i could try.

if blue book is 6,900-7,600 why should i be happy with 6300. is 96k miles that much for a 95?

·
Registered
418 Posts
6300 doesn't seem that bad if your car was mostly stock, I bought my 98 gsr for 7300.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
here in AZ, they do a survey and they dont base it off the kbb. They told me they do reasearch of how much my SAME model and year car, how much dealers are selling it for and they base it off that, thats what claims told me when i asked!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Insurance companies dont just base it on kelly blue book, it's also the market in your area. They take a certain amount of integras that are on the market in your area and they average it out. Insurance companies go by whats called Fair Market Value. They are estimating what your car would be worth on the market in your particular area. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my insurance guy told me they do the survey thing. he sent me their survey of 16 "comparable" cars. theres only 4-5 gsr's included in these prices. The average adjusted price of the gsr's are 6,800 and thats with some questionable prices. they threw in 11 ls/rs/gs just to bring down the price. im going to call him tomorrow and ask him why its like that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Check around the area and see how much they sold for recently. This way you'll have something to back you up when you talk to the insurance company.

Personally I think the price is fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts