Team Integra Forums banner

bad headunit?

862 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  splinterr 
#1 ·
alright well I bought a used headunit and it plays cd's alright but when i turn on the radio its mostly static. I don't have an antenna at the moment it broke but my old headunit got reception like no problem and this headunit is newer so you think it would also have good radio reception as well? also when playing a cd when i change the song you can hear the cd changing through my sub woofer:S my last headunit had none of these problems, and it was a couple of years older then this one. The newer headunit is a pioneer DEH 6600 if that helps any.

#2 ·
you can hear the sound through your sub because you have the settings on stereo...change your sub settings to mono (most head units will allow you to change this in the function section)...your answer to all static is get an antenna and your problem will be solved.

#3 ·
alright well hopefully this will answer my problem, someone told me it was the rca jacks but if it was i would think it would have done the same thing on my other deck, but i was thinking of getting the shark attack 2 but i hear now they improved it or something and it fits right in without any modification, is can anyone confirm this?

#4 ·
The only thing the RCA's would really effect (since of course it is labeled on 99% of all head units on where to stick them) is a winding sound coming out of your speakers...this would be caused by running the battery wire on the same side as the RCAs...as for the shark I have never heard good reviews about those...of course there is no such thing as a perfect sounding radio station unless it is satilite and even then it to has restrictions...I would say invest in an ipod and get an antenna delete...you will be much happier with the clarity and you can choose what to listen to...good luck with the quick fix

#6 ·
Radarc on Sep/02/07 said:
The only thing the RCA's would really effect (since of course it is labeled on 99% of all head units on where to stick them) is a winding sound coming out of your speakers...this would be caused by running the battery wire on the same side as the RCAs...as for the shark I have never heard good reviews about those...of course there is no such thing as a perfect sounding radio station unless it is satilite and even then it to has restrictions...I would say invest in an ipod and get an antenna delete...you will be much happier with the clarity and you can choose what to listen to...good luck with the quick fix
alright well I luckily do have an ipod nano so that is good, ive read about ipod adaptors and heard most of them are crappy and all. This headunit does have an ipod hookup just no cable i think its an Ibus cable if that sounds correct? anyone know where i could find a decent one for a decent price?

#7 ·
alright well i fixed the signal problem, i guess i didnt have the super tuner turn on right, duur, but i still get the sound of the cd changing through the sub. I looked through the manual and it doesnt say anything about turning it to mono or stereo so i dont know what it could be. like i said my old deck never had this problem but now this one does, could it have something to do with the wiring in the back?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.