Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I have a 2001 Acura Integra manual LS it was running great and then I got a check engine code and the car had bogged out so I plug in my OBD reader and scanned it and the code that I got is a code I’ve never seen before the code is 1607 which is ECM malfunction so I pulled the back up fuse that’s located under the hood for 10 seconds and then replaced it checked it cleared it and it came right back on so I checked the ECM plug and connector for corrosion in touch and nothing will seem to be able to place it wrong so I’m at a loss here I’ve asked numerous people if they’ve had similar issues or even seen a code like this So if you could help me please let me know thank you

·
Banned
310 Posts
swap ecu if all connectors look good and not loose or corroded. open up bad ecu and look for bad resistors and or capacitors. over time they start to leak and will corrode the board, if caught soon enough you can simply by a resistor kit for like 15 bucks and replace them. hamotorsports.com has been my go to for things like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I checked the wiring and the pens there was no corrosion I opened up the ECU and there was no noticeable damage or leaking of any sorts so I purchased a new used ECU from eBay it arrives today I will try it out to see if that fixes the problem if it doesn’t then I guess from there I checked all wiring harness for damage from pest I guess

·
Administrator
4,035 Posts
So I checked the wiring and the pens there was no corrosion I opened up the ECU and there was no noticeable damage or leaking of any sorts so I purchased a new used ECU from eBay it arrives today I will try it out to see if that fixes the problem if it doesn’t then I guess from there I checked all wiring harness for damage from pest I guess
I would advise in circumstances like this to do all your diagnosing first, and then determine what you need. Be careful of going down the rabbit hole of throwing parts at something without knowing 100% if it'll fix it or not. That methodology can get expensive real quick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I would agree so befor buying the new/used ecu I did just that I went through the whole car with a fine tooth comb and I didn’t turn up anything so I went through with buying one off eBay it was used and cost me 98$ I then had to have a technician come out and reprogram it to my car that was an additional 125$ but all in all it was still cheaper than buying a new one from Acura it self lol that would have costed me 1145$ for ecu and 220$ for the programing but it worked no more codes and it starts lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts