Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
yes, i'm not sure, but i could picture that ruining your exhaust....

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
alright i am going to establish this point right now. we have already gone over the negative effects of this product. many times infact and the rapture was even the topic starter on one. so what im sayin is if you know the answer or any information pertaining to his question then reply to him. but if you have any negative comments or want to start on the "rice" business, well leave it at the door. i know the first two who posted did not have any bad intentions and were just giving information so im not pointing you out, but in light of recent posts on this product i want to stop something before it happens. Thank You
alex

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
as far as what kind of coils they're talking about, rather than starting new threads to ask people on the internet, why don't you just give them "flame thrower" people a call and ask? i think that would be a whole lot quicker.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
And on that note, lets keep this thread to help related posts :)

I am sure lots of people on this board don't like the idea, but he seams to be pretty gun-ho about it so please no more bashing the idea.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, we've all been thru this post before... and yes i AM gun-ho on doing this...
as for the posts:

ibsexy32: goto my page:
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/therapture
as you can see from the back pic of my car, the tip is extended abou 6 inces already... i WILL be putting another larger extention on it so the flame will not be near the bumper.

ccshamrock2004 i live wayyyyyyy out in the country... there are no cops there of course... do i dont have to worry about getting ticketed or anything.

But thanks for your concern guys........

+++++++++++++++++

I'd like to establish that I already have a flamerthrower on my older camero... the engine was rebuilt and ther is A LOT of excess gas comming out of the tailpipe... soooo all i had to do was add a sparke plug to the tip and presto! it worked...

HOWEVER i am not able to do that to the '97 GSR becase there is NOT enough gas coming out of the pipe...

So, back to the subject:
Now, if the COILS they are talking about are ignition coils... then where does the spray of gas come from?

ANYoNE HAVE AN IDEA?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
*** I will not be responsible for any Knucklehead who blows him or herself up. I have not done this modification but this is how it COULD be done. this does not include all the precise details nor schematics. Safety is paramount and always use quality components. again proceed at your own risk!***

tap a line off of the end of your fuel rail, buy a fuel solenoid (from a NOS kit) and route your fuel line back there. you may also tap directly into the fuel line coming out of your tank, but this could be detrimental to your engines performance. for safety reasons, the fuel solenoid should be located close to the exhaust, to prevent gas from filling the hose (between the solenoid and the nozzle)and slowly dripping out of the hose. you will need a threaded nozzle with a pinhole opening, to control flow and spray the fuel into a fine mist. weld two bungs in your muffler tip. the furthest from the open tip would be for your fuel. the closer to the tip would be for the spark/ignitor.

then tap in to your ignition control for two opposing cylinders, and buy a coil for your trunk. wiring: you will use two switches, the first one turns on the spark coil and partially enables the fuel solenoid by closing a relay. the relay then allows 12 VDC to go to the second switch and allows the fuel solenoid to open when you flip the switch. this way you provide spark before fuel and you don't have a muffler full of fuel when your spark first hits.

don't fire it for very long, you WILL melt stuff. if your fuel solenoid get's too hot it will fail.... KABOOM!
if you fill your muffler with gas.... KABOOM!
you get the picture.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
I saw this done on a 67' challenger. He could light it of while the engine was running, but he was also able to make a 20ft fireball from his exhaust. To do so he would arm the system, stick it in nuetral, redline the motor, then shut of the motor. With the exhaust plug still firing the engine would still draw air/fuel from the carbs and send it down the exhaust for a few seconds after it was shut of as it spun to a stop, which resulted in the inevitable fireball as unburned mixture shot down the pipe into the plug.

I really wouldnt reccomend any kind of flamethrower, and the specific trick described above wouldnt work on our cars anyway, simply because of electronic fuel injection

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
yes but the specific trick above, above would work. (but don't do it)

·
Registered
237 Posts
well if you are talking about the flamethrower kit from autoloc.com my dad and i bought it and put it on his street rod but it wont work if your car has a cat (catalitic converter) which old cars dont have but tegs do and the coil is just a cheap 9.00 thing that you can buy that takes current and turns it into a spark for the spark plug and then you just install the spark plug in the tailpipe.

anyone know how they did it for the fast and the furious cause i know that teg that ja rule drove has a cat on it and in the first race sequence all the cars are shooting flames including the teg so maybe there is a method i havent heard of yet. but i would definately get the kit professionally installed cause if you dont know what you are doing you can toast your car so f***ing fast!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
As for the fast and the furious, they can do any thing in a movie that they want to, but they could have really added to the car. But I think they added it later on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just be sure to change your oil more, as dumping fuel into your combustion chamber can and will have negitive effects on it's ability to do it's job.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
they put propane in the trunk and lit it that way. Not the safest thing to drive around with in your trunk.

Edit: The autoloc kit just seems like a WASTE of GAS!!! Let's make the teg far less fuel efficient. Sorry, could not resist.

·
Registered
804 Posts
i guess that's how they can control the color and make it some out soo nice.. by having propane and a controlled mixture of different gas for color... pretty entertaining i have to admit...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts