Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
did a search for this, but only came up with 4-door stuff...
Anyone have pics or instructions showing how to properly tether a child seat to a 2000 2-door teg? I don't have the owner's manual, or I'd look there first...

I know I've got to use those plastic things on the back wall of the trunk, but I think there's another tether I need to use?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
You got the idea...you use the hooks that attach to the rear wall of the hatch. And they just have plastic covers on them, but are actually metal and quite sturdy.

It is definitely in the manual, so maybe you can find someone else that has one so you can read the official procedures. Or just get a local dealership to show you ... if they refuse yell at them for not caring about the safety of your child!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The tethers attach at the very back of the car. I purchased the Acura tether kit for my '98 GS-R and then decided against installing them. When installed, the tether goes straight through the cargo area to the tether mount point. This pretty much prevents full use of the cargo area. I decided to install the seat using only the seat belt / shoulder harness per the safety seat instructions. If you put your knee in the seat and put your weight into it, you can get a very tight and secure installation. It is very inconvenient to remove and reinstall, so rather than play musical safety seats, buy an extra safety seat to leave installed in the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks for all the replies. I think, like Knavekid, I'm not going to use the tether points until I go up to the forward-facing seats...the kid isn't even here yet, so that's going to be a few years yet.

Here's some good info I found since stats show that 80% of infant seats are not installed correctly:

- birth to 20lbs, use rear-facing seat, away from active airbag
- 20-40lbs, use forward-facing seat, with a tether
- 40-80lbs, use booster seat, with lap/shoulder belt
- >80lbs/8 years old, use adult lap/shoulder belt

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
457 Posts
knavekid on Oct/04/07 said:
The tethers attach at the very back of the car. I purchased the Acura tether kit for my '98 GS-R and then decided against installing them. When installed, the tether goes straight through the cargo area to the tether mount point. This pretty much prevents full use of the cargo area. I decided to install the seat using only the seat belt / shoulder harness per the safety seat instructions. If you put your knee in the seat and put your weight into it, you can get a very tight and secure installation. It is very inconvenient to remove and reinstall, so rather than play musical safety seats, buy an extra safety seat to leave installed in the car.
This is the same way I did it. Sure am glad I have a 4-door now though - it is much less of a PITA to get the child seats (and the children themselves) in and out of a 4-door.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
linkboi,
Thanks, but when I opened the pdf, it's only the index...clicking the page numbers doesn't link to the appropriate page.

Storms,
Holy S%$t! Where do I get one of those? If they're good, I'd definitely consider one!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
NOT NECCESSARY, my mom works for State Farm and is licensed to install/check baby seats for safety. went through the class and everything. basically i have a 10 month old and her car seat is a bit bulky. but i put the passenger seat as far forward as it will go. strap her little bit in using just the shoulder belt through the designed slots on the carseat. tighten her down as much as possible. and slide the passenger seat back and when it locks into place. i make sure its right against the head area of the car seat. ill fly out of the car before she does. no anchor pts. no special slots. no harness things nothing needed. just a OEM GS-R back seat and a carseat with midget. (not included at purchase)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.