Team Integra Forums banner

baah lame topics by me!! WINDOW TIN Q's

1K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  integrapunk67 
#1 ·
i wanna get my windows tinted. where is a reputable and affordable place (looking to spend around 150 if possible) that does them right and everything??

i need something close to the redmond/isaquah/bellevue/sammamish area.

anyone?

#4 ·
too lazy to edit. but john.... im gonna be repainting eventually when i get the cash and some other things, just asking if you could hook me up with some good prices on that wen the time comes. and since youre involved ill feel better knowing itll be done right. get back to me on that

edit: i just searched and i couldnt find anything locally. i want local washignton people to tell me where and how much and how it turned out, not people from oklahoma, etc.

so i still need some answers... : )

#11 ·
i called around and the bes tdeal i found was 239 mr tint pro auto window tinting in bellevue. he was th eonly guy who when i asked about the dot matrix he was prepared and said he covers it with viyl and it turns out really goood. everyon else was like "uhhhhh.... yeah thats always going to be a problem we just go over it and it should be fine....."

#12 ·
I got my tint at mr tint in Bellevue... he does a great job... costs me around the same as your quote. I tried the ultimate detail in Issaquah they "forgot" to get to my car so I said f. that and got it done right.... About the dots he just went over it on mine and they are fine... All your windows will be glazed a little for awhile thought... the back esp. anyways gl...

#14 ·
at first i was thinkin 20% rears 35% front, but i saw a 96 prelude yesterday that was so clean looking it blew me away. it was a lightish blue color, had altezzas but they looked really good for some reason. anyways, theyonly had the rear windows and hatch tinted and not the front two, and i think it was either 20% or 35%, im thinking about doing that becaus eit looked so clean.

what should i do?

#15 ·
ewww.. that would bug me.. it would look half complete.. but whatever YOU like is what you should do.

..also, seeing as the point of tint is to keep the sun off you and your passengers, and your apolstry.. why would you just tint the rears?

#16 ·
i highly doubt most people tint for the sun factor wouldnt you say?? its mostly for looks, whether or not thats what its meant for.

i know, thats why im hesistant though, it looked REALLY good on this prelude, but i dunno how it would look on an integra, i think ill just go with my original idea of 20% and 35% fronts.... play it safe

i dunno i wish i could see different combinations to see what i really want done. meh

#17 ·
well, personally i tinted for sun (i.e. to keep it cooler inside when its parked. Keeps my aluminum shift knob from being a million degrees..) and also for privacy. So tinting the backs and not the front for ME would be pointless. Yeah, the car "looks" better with tints.. but thats just a bonus.

Tell ya what.. if you got a pic of your car i can photoshop it for you and show you how it'd look with only the back half tinted..

#18 ·
theres an entire thread in the YOUR INTEGRA section with about 15 pics of my car. id really apreciate it.

if you can i would like to see...

5 percent rears, 35 fronts

20 percent rears, 35 fronts

20 percent rears only

35 percent rears only

i understand its near impossible to know what the percentages are, if i had photoshop on my mac id do it myself but i dont anymore. id really apreciate it.

link to my thread with pics : http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=16&TopicID=159321&PagePosition=1

#21 ·
well, i dont really have the time to do all that you requested.. you might wanna submit in the photoshop request section like Punk said.. but here's what your car would look like with around 20 or 25 tint on just the rear passenger and rear windshield.Looks incomplete, imo, but you might like it..

save this to your computer if you want it cuz i'll probably delete it within 30 days from my p.bucket account.Later

#23 ·
Just an Fyi, some prices for ya (applies to hatch)

At Tech Auto Sound I was quoted $180 for anything under 20%, + another $20 if you want a vinyl banner on the backglass... (lifetime warranty)

At VTR I was quoted $220 for tint and another $30 for the vinyl banner (lifetime warranty)... The guy at VTR seemed a lot more prepared to address the dot matrix i will say....

#24 ·
yeah its about 239 for a good job at mr tint in bellevue, he knew exactly wht to say about the dot matrix, everyone else was retarted about it.

obviously id go for the tech auto sound if its cheaper and they do the vynil and has a lifetime warranty, wouldnt you?? where is it located and where can i get a number??

#25 ·
DeepGreenTeg on Feb/11/06 said:
yeah its about 239 for a good job at mr tint in bellevue, he knew exactly wht to say about the dot matrix, everyone else was retarted about it.

obviously id go for the tech auto sound if its cheaper and they do the vynil and has a lifetime warranty, wouldnt you?? where is it located and where can i get a number??
By "Lifetime Warranty" at Tech Auto, they mean "we'll replace it once, and after that, you're screwed".

Even if they messed it up.

Just another FYI :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.