Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ig i get a b20 and rebuild that and then buy an integra turbo ki like from revhard will the kit fit the head.because a b20 swap is just a bolt in all u need is to use the ls manifold so it cud fit.

so will a integra turbo kit fit on a b20 cuz i heard that b series parts r interchangeble?

plzz help

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yes ALL will fit same as a LS ! The B20 head is the same as a LS head ! Use your LS head it flows a bit better ! Better yet get a B16A head !

LS/VTEC/B20/Turbo ! Now your talking !

·
Registered
359 Posts
BoostControl on Aug/23/02 said:
Yes ALL will fit same as a LS ! The B20 head is the same as a LS head ! Use your LS head it flows a bit better ! Better yet get a B16A head !

LS/VTEC/B20/Turbo ! Now your talking !
why would a b16a head be better than a b18c1 head?

·
Registered
184 Posts
My question is though. Would you ever feel VTEC even kick in if you are in boost? Probably not I would think. I wouldn't see the point of getting VTEC if it wouldn't really make a difference since you would be in boost by the time that would even kick in. Just my thought though. I could be wrong, but I've asked a few people & they've kinda agreed with me as well as some have not.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Integrity_96 on Aug/26/02 said:
My question is though. Would you ever feel VTEC even kick in if you are in boost? Probably not I would think. I wouldn't see the point of getting VTEC if it wouldn't really make a difference since you would be in boost by the time that would even kick in. Just my thought though. I could be wrong, but I've asked a few people & they've kinda agreed with me as well as some have not.
Feel it ? Oh yes sir ! Hear it kick in ? Nope not over the shwooosshih ! MeltMan has it DEAD on !

·
Registered
457 Posts
yea my and my friend are looking for a old school civic hatch like around a 93 that style cause its light but looks better than a CRX and put a B20 in it
its gonna be the beast if we can just find the civic hatch

·
Registered
693 Posts
Ahhh yes the B20 Hatch ! A nice setup !

Do we all know a KILLER that lerks in our parts of Big-D Texas my Dallas crowd ? *LOL*
Wait till V has his GEN2 Teg with FULLY BUILT B20/VTEC/Turbo ! Yikes !

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yep ! 20 over, AND ROMP ! HA ! Can you say a SHOT oil pump !
So who does that fall on ? Tis all good my brotha...She comes back harder and stronger ! Ole Bob will solve the tune part ! 1000 miles and counting on the break in...
Bob will have her at 1001 miles ! Should be this time next week I drive my baby...SLOWLY off to LA LA land...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cool deal bro. We are curious to see how she turns out. Nick ran into a problem with the RX-7. Rotory Performance blew the race motor they just built for him when they were tuning it. Tried to tweak it for 17psi & it didn't like it. They are in the works to build another one now & tune to 15psi perfectly...No more...no less. He should be getting it back this Wed or Thurs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys, this is my first post on this website, but i have a question about some of your claims.

I can't understand why you seem to see the value in airflow, but wouldn't strive for the b18c5 head, or even the b16b, but b16A??? I am a little confused. Please clarify.

·
Registered
693 Posts
You are confused about what ? What do you need to know ? Find yourself a B18C5 head and slap it on ! GOOD LUCK ! AND WHIP OUT YOUR $$$$ !!

A helluva lot easier to find a B16A head ! No disputing the head flows better than a LS or B20 head ! For one it has shorter runners and dual-stage intake manifold.

·
Registered
359 Posts
ok, so i gather from all this....

if i were to use a b20 block, with an b18b head, i could just buy a turbo designed for a b18b and all would be well (as far as install, that is)

·
Registered
693 Posts
daNattyFatty on Sep/02/02 said:
ok, so i gather from all this....

if i were to use a b20 block, with an b18b head, i could just buy a turbo designed for a b18b and all would be well (as far as install, that is)
Correct!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts