Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of posts on the B20 engine and CRVTec, my question is, would a header made to fit a b18b fit a b20 engine? Im wondering becuase if i buy a header, hi-flow cat, and catback, for my b18b, then decide to do the engine swap, I would have to replace it again...?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
You would want to upgrade the header...it's a 2L...it has more burnt gases to move out than a 1.8L.
SMSP and Hytech make B20 headers or worst comes to worst you can use a JDM ITR 4-1 or DC JDM 4-1...although the B18B header flange will bolt up to the head and clear the oil pan on a B20, it will be way too small and restrictive.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If money is an issue try the DC JDM it should give you a little better flow than the ITR JDM. But if your car is lower considerably you'll need the ITR JDM. If you want something specific to the B20VTEC then you'll need to go custom like M D said.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
but don't listen to me because apparently it's widely known that I'm a dick...LOL..sorry, long story from another thread....

Anyways, yes, the B20VTEC SMSP header is quite the header. Flows like mad enough to make people with 2L or more displacement all motor get world records....

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys! My car is pretty much stock, and I need all the info I can get on engine swaps (such as the B20 obviously) and other ways of increasing power. I guess my best bet is lots of reaserch before I start wasting money on stuff ill have to just replace again later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts