Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys just a few ?'s (and yes ive searched and checked out crvtech.com) but jus wanna know should i jump on a b20b engine for 900 bux with 30000 miles for my 98 ls (50000 miles) also by what i hear it might be a waste but im planning on goin turbo and the b20b seems to be a bit better than my b18 for boosting, also i forgot to mention that for now i would be usin my ls head with skunk2 im and, bbk tb so i jus wanna know wat yall think.

thanks
gary

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i'd say got with the B20... because it's a bigger displacement engine, it will handle the boost from your turbo much better. use your b18 head (of course get it ported and polished) and get some hotter cams with adjustable gears. a 75 shot of NO2 and you'll be all set well into the high 12's. that is if you can keep the power to the pavement. from what i heard, it's just a cheaper more available upgrade for civic guys with 1.6's as opposed to our cherrished B18C's... this whole post is all confusing now. what i'm saying is instead of spending $900 on .2L, spend that 900 on a set of cams or something that will compensate for that .2L... see what i'm saying. i think i just confused myself. plus that way too, you don't have to do a complete engine swap.

·
Registered
266 Posts
id say save the money for your turbo (if thats what you really want) that way you are $900 closer to the turbo instead of back to ground zero for saving up.

on a side note. why put the old b18 head onto the b20 block, aren't the heads the same? if not what are the gains?

·
Registered
141 Posts
30,000 miles is not that much.........but u gotta think how were those miles put on. do a compression test and make sure there are no leaks or the block is worth sh*t and u should be fine. just my two cent

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
IF you are goinbg turbo why would the b20 be better? the only reason I see it being better is because of the diplacement that gives you a little more torque.

Other then that unless you put on a vtec head the engine is the same as your b18b.

You might want to just spend the 900 bucks on rebuilding your current engine to handle about 12 lbs of boost or so, or whatever your goals are. Then add a nice big intercooler and you're all set with the engine to be as reliable as one can expect from FI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts