Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dyno results b20 stock block, LS head with 404 crower cams and Valvetrain,Skunk manifold,65mm throtle body,Head shaved .30,DC sports 4to1 header,apexi exuast,Short Intake, Cam gears, weather was 53 degrees and the results were 165 hp TQ 136 made power throught the power band till 8000rpm. What do u guys think? I know compression is killing me.
165 hp TQ 136

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
ultraspeedefro on Feb/27/04 said:
Dyno results b20 stock block, LS head with 404 crower cams and Valvetrain,Skunk manifold,65mm throtle body,Head shaved .30,DC sports 4to1 header,apexi exuast,Short Intake, Cam gears
and just incase you think you are getting ANYTHING better out of the LS head, you are not...

which b20 is this?
b20b w/8.6:1 cr (i think)
or the b20z w/9.6(?) c/r

i will be running nearly the same setup with my b20 (if)when i get done with it

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
98integraLs on Feb/27/04 said:
Quote: ultraspeedefro on Feb/27/04Dyno results b20 stock block, LS head with 404 crower cams and Valvetrain,Skunk manifold,65mm throtle body,Head shaved .30,DC sports 4to1 header,apexi exuast,Short Intake, Cam gears
and just incase you think you are getting ANYTHING better out of the LS head, you are not...

which b20 is this?
b20b w/8.6:1 cr (i think)
or the b20z w/9.6(?) c/r

i will be running nearly the same setup with my b20 (if)when i get done with it

[/QUOTE] what did u mean about the LS head? b20B Head is ported 3 angle valve job.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Can I ask what tranny you are running?

Killer setup, but the important question remains, what is your compression?

Ditch the 2" collector header [ if that is what you are using ] and go for a 2.5 full system. Nice setup, I hope one day I can run a 2L setup, either with my 403's or upgrade to the 404's. Have you fuel tuned it yet? What device are you using to tune [stand alone, AFC piggy back]?

And yes please, I wanna see that dyno too!

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
B20 NoN-VTEC in RED with 404's (stock B20 block) vs. same motor with GSR head in blue. This is with a 2.5 in. system. A 3 in. system would be even better for a 2L.

your peak torque with 2L should be in the 140's minimum...JK: you wanna see the effect of residual gas from too small an exhaust system affecting power? when he posts his torque curve you'll see it. look at the top end powerband die.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tune he has a SAFC, fuel pressure reg, cam gears, The reason i posted is i have almost completly same setup.

i have b18b with UStype R pistons.JDM header,b20 head stage 4 crane cams and valvetrain,skunk manifold, type r tranny,65 throttle body,Head been milled .20 ported and polished, 5 angle valve job,ferra stock size exuast valves. And im hopin when i dyno 180HP all motor.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Mike, I am curious, that horsepower plot of the GSR head, is it stock? I am asking because I thought the 404 cam profile is more aggressive than the GSR cams. From what I've read on alot of the NA LS threads, the Crower 403's are near the GSR cam profile while the 404's are more near the ITR cams.

So shouldn't the 404's with the B20 bottom have more power the the LS/VTEC with GSR head? Am I missing something important and fundamental here?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
type R cams. when I said stock , I meant that the head was not ported.

here's Steve Rothenbuehler's (omniman) Skunk2 B20VTEC using a stock GSR head & Sk2 Stage 1 cams which I posted in the exhaust article last page showing the effects of backpressure (60mm OD Greddy exhaust choking down a 2L). Notice the jump in power when he took off the exhaust.

before (red is after fuel tuning)

after exhaust choke down removal

1. look at the torque!!!

2. no huge redline....

stock b20 block.

b16a heads do just as good a job. don't cheap out on the IM. and for God's sake don't use a b16a IM.

·
Registered
195 Posts
so you're saying my typeR header-2.5in test pipe-stock (LS)diameter after the cat- and big-o muffler is choking down my b20? I thought bottlenecking makes HP ?? J/K!

I know my set-up needs to be fixed asap but isn't 3in. kinda overboard? Do V8's even use piping that big?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.