Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 45,000 miles on my '96 GS-R, and I was wondering if you guys think upgrading to a B18C5 or JDM ITR engine would be worth it? I have been offered $3,000 for my GS-R engine, and I can probably get a brand new ITR engine (with 0 miles) for fairly cheap through a dealer. Would it be worth going to the hassle of swapping engines? Thanks for any opinions!

·
Registered
438 Posts
depends on what you want to do, b18c5 are pretty much used for all motor applications, i mean its possible to FI it just lots of work and money. Gs-r engines are good either way and probably cheaper to mod. Im not saying its better, just depends what route you want to take.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
The cost of the difference can make the c1 faster...

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
well you could get the c5 for bragging rights i guess (type-Rare, heh). but the c1 can be built 'go-fast' on a lesser budget than the c5

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, what would it take to get my car up to the performance (or better which would be more fun) of a c5 then? I have an AEM CAI, and plan to get a DC JDM 2.5in header, 2.5in cat, and a Hytech exhaust. What else would be required? I would assume cams and tuning would get fairly close? Thanks!

·
Registered
392 Posts
well if u can find a brand new itr for cheap then i say go for it. but its gonna be impossible in my opinion.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a hookup at a dealer, so I guess I will see what comes of it. I will let you guys know though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
umm, i get cost from honda and any motor is still big bucks and im not talking wholesale im talking cost cost. You can buy a B16a head which has many of the same characteristics of b18c5. Have it ported polished use CTR or better cams CTR in opinion are better than ITR. Get new springs becuase b16 dosnt use double springs on everything. and then get yourself a nice diff. new pistons and rods and a type r intake for the b16 head. do a hondata ecu and a hondata intake gasket and you will prolly run with or beat a type r in straight away speed. throw a $1000 into the suspension you should be able to take it on the track especially with that much better diff that you will have

1 - 11 of 11 Posts