Team Integra Forums banner

b18c5 built , need some advive

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  JDR 
#1 · (Edited)
So i got this b18c5 that i bought from the fastest allmotor front wheel drive b-series here on my country(11sec/allmotor crx). They sold everything cause of a dropped valve so i bought it for a very good price
This engine was allready 1mm bore but where the valve dropped it damaged a little bit so a had to rebored it again , right now the block is 82.5mm bore. I want to know if that is safe? The block also have block guard and it is full arp with eagle rods. I ordered usdm itr spec piston but 82.5 , i got skunk pro series intake , headers, cai, tunable ecu(eCtune)
my head is stock , what do you guys think? is the block safe?

#8 ·
In a bit more detail. The Eagle rod is just a tiny bit to big for the wrist to move inside of the piston head properly. There are a few ways of fixing this issue. But this is the most common. Re-bore the piston head and rod wrist pin hole to match and either have the piston head or rod re-machined to make the fit better. Again, this can be done during the balancing phase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.