Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's good everyone. well where to start !. I'm currently building my (B18c1-GSR) that I'm gonna dropping into my 97 civic ek coupe. I would like some advice and some of your guys opinions on turboing my GSR engine. I wanna turbo it, but obviously I'm having a hard time figuring out what kind of turbo to use . My goals are to reach 300-400 hp/whp on my engine! I would like to buy a turbo kit but cost to much, I was thinking of building or putting one kit together !..

My setup I'm running is =

[Gsr cylinder head]
?skunk2 valves & retainers
?camshaft-?
-thinking of p&p the head .
?skunk2 vtec solenoid
?skunk2 valve steam seals
[b18c1 block- Gsr]

?skunk2 rods
?pistons-?
?block guard
?apr studs
?gsr crank / gonna polish it.

[Intakemanifold]
?skunk2 pro series /also gonna port n polish it .

[Transmission]
?B16B LSD which is a civic type R CTR
? fully build

[ECU]
?P28-P72

[Engine harness]
?custom

That's pretty much what I have so far .
Well my question is how can I turbo my car with out it being illegal on the street thanks ? N if I forgot anything let me know please thank you

·
Administrator
3,596 Posts
What's good everyone. well where to start !. I'm currently building my (B18c1-GSR) that I'm gonna dropping into my 97 civic ek coupe. I would like some advice and some of your guys opinions on turboing my GSR engine. I wanna turbo it, but obviously I'm having a hard time figuring out what kind of turbo to use . My goals are to reach 300-400 hp/whp on my engine! I would like to buy a turbo kit but cost to much, I was thinking of building or putting one kit together !..

My setup I'm running is =

[Gsr cylinder head]
?skunk2 valves & retainers - Springs and retainers. No need to switch out the valves
?camshaft-? - Stock GSR camshafts are more than plenty for your goals
-thinking of p&p the head - Not needed for your power goals
?skunk2 vtec solenoid - Why? What's wrong with the stock solenoid?
?skunk2 valve steam seals
[b18c1 block- Gsr]

?skunk2 rods
?pistons-?
?block guard - For all that is holy. Ditch this and burn it
?apr studs
?gsr crank / gonna polish it. - Absolutely unnecessary

[Intakemanifold]
?skunk2 pro series /also gonna port n polish it .

[Transmission]
?B16B LSD which is a civic type R CTR - You're going backwards with this. A stock GSR trans or an LS trans would be WAYYYY better for a boosted setup. Unless you like tire-spin.
? fully build - What does this mean for a transmission? Gearsets are $6K+ typically. For 300-400hp, keep the trans stock. A b-series trans can take approx 500tq. They're pretty stout. The OEM LSD a little less.

[ECU]
?P28-P72

[Engine harness]
?custom - Custom what? What does this mean?

That's pretty much what I have so far .
Well my question is how can I turbo my car with out it being illegal on the street thanks ? N if I forgot anything let me know please thank you

See my responses above in RED

Additionally:

1. What clutch are you using?
2. Fuel Pump?
3. Tuning solution? (Hondata, AEM, Neptune, etc.)
4. Injectors?
5. What size turbo?
6. What size exhaust?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts