Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a b18c1 IM fit onto a b16a1. And would there be any benefits from it? Will it also bolt up? I'm guessing it will since there both b'series. Just curious!! Is a b18c1 throttle body bigger than a b16 throttle body?? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The B18C1 IM will not fit a B16A head directly. Aside from the fact that it doesn't bolt up, the B16A wouldn't be able to open the secondaries on the B18C1 without even more modifications making it even less worth it.

A B18C5 IM however will fit the B16A and would be a better upgrade if you had bigger cams to take advantage of the increased breathing room. Otherwise there's not much it's going to do for you.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
b18c5 im would really gut the b16a anemic midrange even more but if you are looking for more gains above 7000 rpm , then it's the way to go.

you can attach all the iab stuff from the gsr motor and get a gsr ecu to activate the secondary runners' butterfly valves ; slot the IM center flange bolt hole and then weld shut the coolant ducts on the IM to make it bolt up to a b16a head. anything can be done if you have the cash. it'll get you some midrange.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
So I guess the real question remains, what kind of engine package are you looking into and where do you want your powerband to be?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
SurferX on Sep/19/02 said:
So I guess the real question remains, what kind of engine package are you looking into and where do you want your powerband to be?
yes I guess so. those would be the first questions I would ask myself before I started buying mods if I was a beginner just starting out (along with what the power goal will be)....I love postwhoring....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts