Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to make a B18c1 tranny shift linkage work in the back seat of a 1969 Mini Cooper. Original the engine was in the front but now I have it in the back and need to have someone fabricate something to make the linkage and changing of gears work?
I know people have done b18 in back of buggies and other cars and made it work so I was wondering if anyone knows anyone or could share any info on how to make this happen?

·
Administrator
4,361 Posts
While I haven't researched thoroughly, my first thought is that you would need to convert your linkage to a cable driven type, such as the RSX. From there, some sort of adapter that would control the shifting mechanism on the transmission, to the cables from the shifter.

"Typically", these swaps are easy since the motor is in the front. This is a bigger obstacle with the motor in the rear. The K-series engines would be an easier route in the rear since these transmissions are setup to accept a cable-driven shifter in the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you are absolutely right….. usually when they do these swaps they use a v6 J-series engines and tranny because of it’s cable setup. However, my dilemma is that my engine has been fully built, sleeves, rods, pistons, ect …. Along with my transmission which is at a different ratio with new carbon synchros. For me to scrap my set up at this point in my project and start over with another setup is too costly $$$$$
Is there a way I can take any cable driven transmissions and transfer my gears into its Casing to make it work? I don’t know if I make sense with my question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts