Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a 2000 LS Integra. I want to get it moving!!! Don't we all?!? I just need some ideas. I have about 4500 dollars to spend on parts. Any suggestions??

And if anyones heard about Modifyd Performance or FusionWorks in Wichita and has information about how good they are, please let me know.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
again, the thread that Steve linked for you says, you can't tell someone what is the best choice for them unless you know what their 2 specific goals are.

if anyone on any board jumps on and says: oh do this without knowing your exact goals, then they are pulling stuff out of their ass because they aren't being precise enough and neither are you.

the longer you do this hobby the more you will realize that the difference between a successful build that delivers the goods ("get it moving!" as you would say) and is reliable (50k miles) depends on attention to details and not being vague because you are unaware of what to look for to ask the smart right questions.

we at least "arm" you with a basic starting structure or framework to see the big picture and how to frame your planning based on some specifics. It isn't a vague broad question that's full of holes and open to any possible advice.

most stock 180 ps (150 whp) JDM B18C 10.6 CR SiR engine-tranny swaps are at least $2500-3900 US (includes ECU & wiring harness , axles, powersteering pump, shift linkage). Where you fall in the range really depends on the year and mileage (i.e. condition) of the used engine.

The price of a basic LSVTEC build with a used PR3 head or P72 head is in the same ballpark $2500-3000 depending on the assembler and parts he uses (don't ever use a b16a IM on a 1.8L if you can avoid it when going for a b16a PR3 head on an LSVTEC..opt for an aftermarket 1.8L IM instead that fits on a PR3).

A brand new P72 head or PR3 head without cams and valves/springs is about $1480 (list $1720) from the Acura or Honda dealer. 00-01 ITR (which are CTR ) Cams can range from 570 new but you can get aftermarket cams (eg, sk2 or crower, buddy club, rocket, blox) in that price range. Which one depends on...guess what??...your goals.new ITR valves and valvespring and retainers etc. will bring you around another $800. ARP head studs are about $150 for the P72 and PR3 heads.

Look at our old LSVTEC common topic (engine section ) thread to see all the other things you'll need like a headgasket, timing belt-water pump, VTEC solenoid, VTEC ECU/harness (don't make the mistake of running an LS ECU and using a VTEC controller to kickstart the solenoid because your LS fuel map programs and ignition maps are woefully inadequate for the VTEC motor)

Then you have to deal with a Golden eagle LSVTEC conversion kit to make the VTEC head and oil bypass fit onto your LS block without leaks.

The other thing you have to do is determine about Fusionworks or Modifyd Performance is whether they are sloppy or precise with engine building. In getting a good build it's about precision and accuracy and carefulness. If they are sloppy with the way they talk about the details and vague on the parts and don't have customers with 2 yr old LS VTEC's still running that they can refer you to (don't ask them for mileage, just ask them for referral customers and you ask the customers directly how old the engine is and if it's burning oil or leaking). Use our Kansas local forum here and ask the people in your local scene.

But if all you are interested in is to have an all motor VTEC engine that makes 175 bhp (150 whp), then the better way to go is the complete B18C swap. Any competent Acura mechanic can install a motor. In contrast, it takes a specialized shop to do an LSVTEC because of the adaptation of the head to the block (Frankensteining it ).

If you want more than that with a $4500 budget, then you have to specify the goals and work out the parts that have the specs to meet those goals. For example, if your aim is 180-200 whp, then it would be wiser to go with a turbo or supercharger for your LS, especially with the LS' tranny tall gear ratios which keep you in the lower rpms.

Good luck.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
here are the places on the internet that sell full JDM engines or swap mounts in alphabetical order with no preferences or endorsements by us . We don't get sponsorship from them and have no responsibility if you choose them from this list. That part is YOUR responsibility to sort out which ones are the slime bags and which ones are legit. It's a thorough search of the net as best as we can do. It's meant to be a helpful grassroots referral database for members looking for Bseries swaps in North America (and will likely be copied and pasted (plagiarized) by other lazy ass disrespectful sites or leeches and will need updating but remember where you saw it first in an organized way and which site moved this forward) :

a1jdmengines.com

accessmotors.com

autolink motorworks (Los Angeles, CA)

ctjengines.com

enginereplacement.com

finelineimports.net

flashoptions.com

garagefive.net

Honda Motor Company (i.e. local Acura or Honda dealership or dealership website, eg. Sunnyside)

hasport.com

holeshot racing (Fullerton, CA)

hybrid automotive

hybrid revolution

importautosalvage.com

importbuilders.com

importpowerhouse.com

inlinefour.com

jbap.com

japaneseusedengines.com (Go Motors)

japanmotorimport.com

jdm-online.com

jdmshit.com

jdmsource.ca

jkjapaneseengine.com

jspecautosports.com

jrautoparts.com

lucky star japanese (Toronto, oN, Canada)

midwest-engine.com

mmrusa.com (Mantaray Racing)

modacar.com

nippon-motors.com

noyanusa.com

osakajdmmotors.com

passwordjdm.com

payntechnologies.com (? not really a JDM Bseries supplier but does sell DART Bseries blocks)

racelinedevelopment.com

risingsunengines.com

redshift.ca

redstonemotors.com

sohfast.com

soko.com

soshin trade corp.

sunrisejdmmotors.com

thepartstrader.com

tokyomotorimports.com

usedengine.com

kwcengine.com (K. Watanabe, Gardena,CA)

dead or 404 former source sites:

ForceFedPerformance.com

garagekwai.com

hondamotorsonline.com

JapanStarMotor.com

jdmclub.com

JdmHondaparts.com

prospeed-performance.com

totaljdm.com

total-boost.com

PLEASE PM ME FOR UPDATES oN DEAD SITES OR NEW SITES. IF THERE WERE SLIME BAGS IDENTIFIED BY MANY DIFFERENT CUSTOMERS (MORE THAN 5-8 REPORTS) AND CoNFIRMED NOT TO BE AN ORGANIZED HATE PROJECT BY THE COMPETITIoN, I TOOK THEM OFF THIS LIST.

Other than that, if a known site is not on here, it wasn't intentional. I just didn't find your site on my search.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Seems like jspecauto.com doesnt work but jspecautosports.com does.

What does dead or 404 former source sites mean?

Ordered a set of jdm one piece headlights for a friends 2nd gen from hmotorsonline.com and they were $165 or so after shipping and were used but in MINT condition, and they got here before christmas which was amazing for the time we ordered them. A+

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
NtegraDryvr on Jan/21/06 said:
Seems like jspecauto.com doesnt work but jspecautosports.com does.

What does dead or 404 former source sites mean?

thanks Neil , just PM me the updates and I'll edit the list.

I don't want this thread to drag out with updates on a thread when folks can PM . it's a waste of board space.

definition of 404

if it's still under construction or I get a dead website that doesn't exist I remove it down to the penalty box list...it may come back alive and so I don't completely remove it.

if it's dead for more than 6 mo. then I take it out completely.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
MD: Not the whole thing - the part about the b18c's and the B16a being vtec, that part was right. *l*

Thanks for your time gathering that list - I've been thinking about buying a B18b to build, I don't have a second vehicle, so I can't pull my motor to play!

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
well it was hard to pop this list up when we had Password JDM and Redstone as our sponsors. So out of respect for them I didn't post this. But now that they didn't renew their sponsorship, I felt it was ok to do it.

I hope it helps folks looking for a motor because I know what it's like to be in those shoes when you lose your motor and need a new complete swap in a jam.

In reality, when someone says to you that they have a $4500 budget, they really only have a $3600-3800 budget because you should withold 20% of your budget for "oops situations" : unexpected extra parts or accidents that happen in any build. Trust me, Murphy's Law pops up as expected in any build up.

·
Registered
735 Posts
yea, im in the same situation. i dont know weather to go ls vtec , ls turbo or gsr (sirg). I know its cost alot but im trying to save it up for a k20a and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
ILoveMyAcura95 on Oct/26/06 said:
go neither!!!.. save up 2 more thousand, go k, and never regret it

You offer no logic to just blindly suggesting to go k-series...if I went k-series, I would regret it....210 hp or whatever they are rated at now, wouldn't be enough for me.

Read what MD wrote back in January.

So throwing out blanket statements like that is just a case of the blind leading the blind.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That was a rather vague statement I agree but 210whp is still more than a b18c5 and also alittle underrated I think. You have to take afew things into mind. In order to do the swap you will need:

-Swap header going from least to greatest in performance & price (dc sports, rcrew, SSR)
-Full Exhaust system
-Intake
-Kpro

That is just some of the basics and just by looking at that list everyone can tell its not a cheap swap. However most of the k swaps with a DTR or equivelant race header and a good exhaust system to mate up to it and intake. Some people do the RBC IM while they are at it. With a good tuner to do your Kpro most people see 220WHP - 235WHP and 165WTQ - 180WTQ. Numbers vary on a few things like whether you go k20 or k24 and if you do choose to do some of the optional upgrades that most do while going at the swap.

Of course I am trying to defend the k swap since that is the route I am going. However it is EXTREMLLY expensive don't expect to be able to do the swap for any less than $8,000 with no mistakes and everything accounted for.

·
Registered
735 Posts
yup, it is expensive. But it think its well worth it. The k20a indeed is a no brainer and really responsive. Nothen wrong with building a bad ass k20a making 250 hp na w/o turbo.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
^^^^^^^almost a year ago?? 6 mo. at most. the k20 and k24 swap is awesome, but at a price tag with almost 9k, that money can go towards a VORTECH, new fuel system, new intake, header, exhaust, pistons, valve springs, cam gears and a lot of dough to buy something cool(like accord type r JDM rims)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.