Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here and looking for help finding a part/looking for advice.

Long story short, it's mom's car. Her boyfriend destroyed a crankshaft bearing while street racing (after I explicitly told them it should not be driven), he bought a jdm b18c off hmotors, did nothing with the engine before swapping it in, swapped the supercharger over, drove it a couple times, ran seafoam through it (he put 3/4 of a can into the fuel), and now it smokes. I drove it for a couple fill ups to make sure the seafoam got burnt through. It still smokes. He came to the conclusion it was the valve seals, so I decided to change them myself.

I found a cracked retainer while changing them. So here's my question, what the hell retainers do I buy. I've searched for what seems like forever and can not get a definitive answer on what retainers to buy. I can find info on the usdm gsr and both type-r's, but no info on the jdm gsr. I thought the heads were different between the jdm itr and the jdm gsr, or can I buy itr retainers?

Also, as far as advice goes. Should something be upgraded because of the supercharger, or is it fine with stock internals. It's a Jackson racing supercharger, about 7psi I think.

Any input is welcome, I just want to get this back in the road for mom.

·
Administrator
3,582 Posts
#1. OEM retainers for any 94-01 USDM B18C1 (GSR) OR C5 (Type R) will work. They're all the same.

#2. If you're supercharged, then you need to get it tuned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I know it needs a tune, but just wanted to be sure the stock cams and valves and such would be fine. Also, I thought I'd read somewhere that the gsr used single springs on the intake side, where as the type-r used dual. Is that not the case, or does that not effect the retainers?

I also see you specified USDM, but this has a jdm b18c, just want to make sure your answer still stands, I could see how that part could have been skimmed over.

·
Administrator
3,582 Posts
Your response to the valve springs is correct, but the retainers themselves are the same.

As far as JDM vs USDM, no difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
DKMisfit
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing