Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes might as well get cams and put them in. I run Crower 404 with Rocket Motorsports valve springs. Also running a Victor X intake manifold. My car is an LS-Turbo as well.

Have you made any decisions on injectors, fuel pump, going E85?

For putting the cams while the engine is out is to easily degree the cams for best results. They can adjust it accordingly. I’m running aggressive cams and it idles like a muscle car sometimes. Lol.
Like I said just before, I’m no stranger to a loud idle with my straight piped GT lol but I just want to make sure it is not going to damage the motor. If I lose some power, then so be it. I just want the motor to be able to handle it and for it to not die haha did you run those cams before you boosted it? If so, how did they feel? And in terms of fuel delivery, I was thinking about keeping the injectors stock or just above stock for now. I’ve read that the base ecu can’t control larger injectors and I’m not ready to tune it yet. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If your boosting and want to get the most power. Your going to need injectors. I’m running 1000cc FIC injectors. It gives me room. Even when I was supercharged the RC 750 wasn’t enough.

If you have a tuner he should know that’s important. You do not want to be on the dyno and having problems boosting because he can’t tune the fuel delivery. And if your boosting please decide on a ECU management. I’m still running Chrome chipped ECU.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If your boosting and want to get the most power. Your going to need injectors. I’m running 1000cc FIC injectors. It gives me room. Even when I was supercharged the RC 750 wasn’t enough.

If you have a tuner he should know that’s important. You do not want to be on the dyno and having problems boosting because he can’t tune the fuel delivery. And if your boosting please decide on a ECU management. I’m still running Chrome chipped ECU.
No need to keep paying them to add power when you get little parts here and there. I believe do it all right at once and save the headache.
I was looking at getting a hondata for the tune. Although I do know a guys who has an obd1 chrome chipped ecu he’s trying to sell me. Says it has a base map. I just wanna get the mechanical aspects built so I can break in the motor before boost. That’s why I’m asking about the cams on an NA setup lol Someone brought to my attention, though, that you may not need to tune too much if have a manual tranny compared to an automatic? He’s a little old fashion and admitted it might not be correct. I plan on tuning it anyways but I’d love to know if you have any insight on that.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts