Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a 1995 Acura Integra LS 4 door which has a B18B1 ODB1 engine. I'm attempting to replace my PCV Valve which according to the diagram below is #8.

Which in the engine bay for my engine type looks like:

However, when I pulled it apart, it looked nothing like the L-shaped PCV pipe that it was supposed to be. I have this hollow black piece of plastic connected to the vertical plastic thing with a big hole in the middle.

Meanwhile the diagram for the B18B1 ODB1 has that L Shape PCV, and the parts that match my car on autozone or advanced auto parts all maintain that same shape

So I'm a tad confused with what's going on here, if someone could give me some insight on the discrepancy that would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry if I’m not much help in this matter. I’ve never seen the L shaped valve myself on this location. I’ve only ever seen it directly on the box behind the block. As you can see in the image the one on the left is a straight fitting while the one on the right is an L.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry if I’m not much help in this matter. I’ve never seen the L shaped valve myself on this location. I’ve only ever seen it directly on the box behind the block. As you can see in the image the one on the left is a straight fitting while the one on the right is an L.
Your PCV valve is on the black box itself? On my black box the hose on the right contains a straight fitting piece that goes up straight under the intake manifold and connects to the straight fitting PCV valve that's on top of the intake manifold that you see circled in my previous pictures as #8.

Here's the same tube on my black box:

·
Registered
89 Posts
From the pictures it appears the it is "L" shaped. But broken in half. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe remove it and take better pictures.

But if that isn't the case, there is nothing special about the "L" shaped pcv valve. And they make inline ones that are straight. Which may have been replaced by the previous owner. And as long as the ends fit the hose and grommet on the box, then it really doesn't matter what car the part was actually designed for.

All pcv valves work the same. It's just a one way check valve for air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts