Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 1995 LS that I intend to upgrade. I am really just using this vehicle as a daily driver, so focusing on suspension, handling etc.

That being said I'm interested in getting some performance improvements from my engine while keeping it naturally aspirated (no turbo, no super).

Any suggestions on what upgrades get the best HP gains? I'm interested to hear your input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do the header ab exhaust then a good intake with k&n filter. Then found out cam gears work wonders usually 1 or 2 degree negative on exhaust an 3 to 4 degrees advance on intake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the header ab exhaust then a good intake with k&n filter. Then found out cam gears work wonders usually 1 or 2 degree negative on exhaust an 3 to 4 degrees advance on intake.
Didn't know just the cam gears alone can make a good difference. Thanks for the tip.

Have you had any good experiences with performance cams? Not the gears, but actual cams? I've heard mixed reviews.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes cams make a big difference but make sure to change valve springs for more lift, have had gains of 10-15 hp with stage 1 came an 30hp with brian crower stage 2 but the adjustable geras let you tune even on stock cams

·
Registered
9 Posts
On stock cams I picked up 5 hp know it isnt alot but they cost 50 bucks an now since im doing stage 3 cams we can tune it in better. Just a fun daily driver

·
Administrator
3,746 Posts
Cam gears aren't really creating power. All you're doing is moving the powerband (torque curve) higher, or lower within the RPM range with adjustable cam gears. Adjustable cam gears allow you to narrow or widen the lobe separation angle. A wider separation moves the powerband to be more mid-range, whereas a tighter separation angle moves the powerband towards a higher RPM range. Every engine is different also, even with the same mods, as to how it will react with advancing or retarding your cam angles. No two engines (even the same engines with the same modifications) will react the same, with the same angles. A dyno is definitely needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts