Team Integra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if somebody can help me... I have a B18B1 in my GS 98 and I would like to unlock my revolution. How could I do that???
Other thing, I would like to change my camshaft for more power until 8000rpm with my revolution unlocked. What company of cams should I buy???
Thanks a lot TI members!!! ;)

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
He means he wants to increase his redline. You don't need to increase it if you're not making power that high.

Majority of non-VTEC owners are using the Crower cams, specifically, the 62403's. Search and you'll find your answers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that there is a system that you put on the computer of your Teg and the revolution is not stoping at 7000rpm like it supposes to be... it continues until you change of speed!

·
Registered
765 Posts
integraneuspeed on Feb/08/04 said:
I know that there is a system that you put on the computer of your Teg and the revolution is not stoping at 7000rpm like it supposes to be... it continues until you change of speed!
or until your engine blows up

·
Registered
626 Posts
Your valvetrain is not the only parts that affect a determined redline. Search and read the articles about Rod/Stroke ratio in past posts.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Its called an "ecu chip". It basically reprograms your engine's redline. We've got some great information on ecu chipping and the pros and cons in the archived threads. We also have an article on this in our article section, titled: "ECU Basics" by MichaelDelaney.

Your factory ecu cuts hits the fuel cut at 6200 rpms to protect your engine from reving too high.....so before you go rushing out to raise your redline you might want to research why Acura designated such a relatively low redline (engine not making any power higher than that and internal reliability).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.