Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a '96 Special Edition right now with a fairly stock block in good condition and I managed to get myself a GSR head for a reasonable price. I was trying to find info on a vtec swap but almost all the info is about B16a heads on B18b blocks (I'm assuming because it's cheaper). I'm kinda hung up on 3 different choices based on that.

1. B18b block with B18c head - From what I understand, the higher vtec redline necessitates some kind of internal upgrades in the block. I have some idea what the weak points are but I don't have a full scope on how to take full advantage of the head swap. Would like to know what to focus on and a cost estimate.

2. B18b block with B16a head - Don't know all that much about this because I've been looking more at the first option. I'm assuming similar internal upgrades and a new ECU?

3. B18c swap - Not ideal as I'd like to use my block and the new head I got but I would look at it if it's any cheaper.

I acknowledge this (vtec) isn't the cheapest way to make more power but I'm trying to prioritize cost and reliability and I'm not super interested in boosting the motor right now. I'd like to know which of these would be the cheapest (assuming I do the labor myself) while not running an extreme risk of blowing the motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.