Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, in your case I would suggest aquiring a new crank pulley. It is possible that the metal and rubber layers have spun. Creating a situation where the key way on the crank & pulley are on mark. But the outer part with the timing marks may have rotated.

Get a new crank pulley (Not used). Problem solved

·
Registered
10 Posts
Put it together and run it. I've never timed a b-series motor unless was doing something aftermarket to it (nitrous or forced induction) You will be fine. Good luck man.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks fellas. I’ve been looking around at new pulleys and the timing marks in relation to where the key way is actually looks like it would be the correct position. Once the paycheck hits this week I will likely order a new one. Might peruse the local junk yards just for comparison to what I currently have. I seem to remember a friend of mine having a similar problem with his Civic years ago. Think I’m good to go far as initial timing, just want to be sure everything is the way it should be for ignition timing. Luckily I still have my timing light lol. Hoping to have this mated back up to the trans (doing auto to manual swap, among a list of other things) in the next week or so and dropped back in the bay. I appreciate the help guys

21 - 23 of 23 Posts