Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to pickup a 96 integra for $800. Right now the battery is dead and it shuts off whenever its in low rpms, its a little hesitant on the gas and the odometer is stuck at 76k. Also has tons of rust and some rust made it to the interior of the hatchback where the spare goes. ALSO, the guy mentioned theres an oil leak somewhere so he decided to fill the oil up the fkn rim. He mentioned he didnt know about cars and he looked to be about 18 or 19. Im 20 and i know a thing or two about honda motors.. maybe hes just actually a little ignorant idk i def know not to fill the oil that high thats for damn sure

So to fix that loss of power problem i know it might be IAC valve, alternator/spark/cap&rotor, or something in the fuel system. Im wondering if it could be anything else or if theres any major/expensive problems i should look out for.

Also for later in the future im wondering what mods are worth it if i keep the b18b in it or if its even worth modding considering theres no vtec. So far it only has a short ram intake and coilovers. Im thinking about doing more suspension mods but as far as speed i want to be able to keep up with some cars out here because i live in tampa and we have alot of fast stuff on the streets lol. Also I realized the motor had b18b engraved on it and not b18b1 isnt that a jdm motor? The vin # matched and all.

Sorry ik i made you read alot

·
Premium Member
9,598 Posts
Sounds like a bucket full of problems. Along with all the stuff you mentioned regarding the loss of power, the fact that he overfilled it with oil could've caused some problems too... like flooding the spark plugs. VTEC isn't a world-killer, and if you're looking to buy a racecar, SRI and Coilovers won't do it. Consider this: you're looking at a 25-year-old car, that can't even stay running, costs just $800 (because the current owner has clearly treated it like garbage) and hoping it'll keep up with "fast stuff on the streets" in Tampa. I'd say you're barking up the wrong tree.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like a bucket full of problems. Along with all the stuff you mentioned regarding the loss of power, the fact that he overfilled it with oil could've caused some problems too... like flooding the spark plugs. VTEC isn't a world-killer, and if you're looking to buy a racecar, SRI and Coilovers won't do it. Consider this: you're looking at a 25-year-old car, that can't even stay running, costs just $800 (because the current owner has clearly treated it like garbage) and hoping it'll keep up with "fast stuff on the streets" in Tampa. I'd say you're barking up the wrong tree.
Honestly I agree with this. It costs $800 for something that won’t run perfect. I’m running a B18B with exhaust, headers, intake and it runs perfectly, but I still don’t overly keep up with the “fast stuff on the streets”. (1995 Integra RS) In the end, if your willing to take on a big project, worth it; but there’s always a slight chance of there being bigger problems that you run into.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts