Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Civic CX, it is currently being swapped out with a B18B. The CX only has a single core radiator. It has been recommended to me by the person doing the swap to a get dual core radiator, however a friend of mine has a single core on his B18C, so is it really necessary to run a dual core radiator? Thanks

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i dunno about what the others think, but civic radiators are not enough for the b18b or c. Their small size would not be enough to keep the engine cool under heavy load and driving conditions. Its not hard to put a dual-core into the civic engine bay...

btw...welcome to Team-Integra. We have a member who is in Germany with a civic hybrid...really nice! Check out it out: Spoon92's AWESOME hybrid

Cheers!
-LT

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Man, I saw one of those at the track with a stock radiator, DAAAAAAYYYUUUUMMMMMMNNN it was tiny! I would think it should be included somewhere in a standard swap, they're not very expensive...

·
Registered
276 Posts
my friend has a 94 civic cx hatch with a ex motor, and the single radiator doesnt even keep that thing cool. after like an hour in traffic his car overheats.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
paul on Sep/16/02 said:
I'm getting the dual core radiator.
great move! let us know how the swap and ride goes!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It SHOULD be done on saturday. There are 2 other swaps in front of mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts