Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up Fellas, sorry In advance to the OGs if this has already been gone over a lot but come on, it’s still quarantine and I need some chats / stimulation. I’m getting ready to put a type r b18 from Japan in my 2001 integra GSR. New Motor has 30k miles on it and it’s from 1997. I basically just want to know a few things to expect / look out for. I’ve swapped a few motors but I’m wondering if this will be plug and play.

Should I change front and rear seal ( crank seal and one by flywheel) or just keep them as is. Def don’t want anything leaking....

My gsr has dc 4 to 1 header, some aftermarket cat, and a standard,good exhaust if that makes sense. Will the header line up? Will my current exhaust be big enough? Does the b18c need a bigger exhaust?

I know I need a harness adapter and new ECU but I’m just wondering what else I need.

I’m trying to use my old tranny, I know, no lsd but I’m not really a track guy, my stock motor is just ready to take a break. The old tranny has no grinds and works fine. Will it bolt up and work fine? Putting in a new clutch though. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Just don’t want to run into too many obstacles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1) Yes spend the extra money and change the front and rear main seals and other seals that are hard to get to.
2) Yes headers will fit just fine
3)Tranny will bolt up just fine. All B series tranny will bolt up just fine.

·
Administrator
3,824 Posts
Anyone else have some input?
Can you let us know what specifically you'd like to know that hasn't been answered already in previous discussed topics? This is a very common swap, and there are a ton of threads that exist already. If you have a specific question that hasn't been found yet from your search, than we'd be happy to answer, but we want to make sure that you've searched first, before creating a brand new thread in regards to a swap that has a ton of discussion already on this site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you let us know what specifically you'd like to know that hasn't been answered already in previous discussed topics? This is a very common swap, and there are a ton of threads that exist already. If you have a specific question that hasn't been found yet from your search, than we'd be happy to answer, but we want to make sure that you've searched first, before creating a brand new thread in regards to a swap that has a ton of discussion already on this site.
Basically just asking if it’s ok to use my current after market exhaust and dc header. Wondering if I need something type r specific. Also just seeing if it’s discouraged to use my stock tranny. Also asking if I can trust the old seals. Last time a changed the seals I think I hammered it in too far and one leaked. I just searched again and found a lot of b18 swaps into civics but nothing for b18 into a 2001 gsr. Just making sure I don’t need to make any changes to the harness or need to buy anything else.

·
Administrator
3,824 Posts
Basically just asking if it’s ok to use my current after market exhaust and dc header. Wondering if I need something type r specific. Also just seeing if it’s discouraged to use my stock tranny. Also asking if I can trust the old seals. Last time a changed the seals I think I hammered it in too far and one leaked. I just searched again and found a lot of b18 swaps into civics but nothing for b18 into a 2001 gsr. Just making sure I don’t need to make any changes to the harness or need to buy anything else.
I'm referring with searching this site. If you're getting swap information into Civics, then you haven't searched for existing threads on this topic within Team-Integra, because we do not have Civic swap information.

Utilizing the search function above, I got 451 hits spread across 23 pages dating back to 2001.

Search: Team Integra - JDM B18C Swap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts