Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a car, i want more power...just kidding
Wasnt sure which forum to post in so move me if needed(sry)

I am trying to build a 2.0 turbo outta my B18C, my current setup is here. I chose the turbo due to its efficiency placement for a 2.0 at 8000 RPM, its a T3/T04E .57 trim.

The parts I belive would be best for around 25psi are Eagle H beams, Weisco forged pistons, and Darton sleeves. Let me know if im wrong please. Race Enginering has a package deal where i can buy all three for 1350 shipped. Do i need to buy custom pistons, rods, sleeves, or can I buy B20 pistons, rods, sleeves? Another thing i am wondering; Is that the cheapest i'll be able to find them at, or is there a better place someone knows about. Is there anything else I will need to consider before i go on an engine building frenzy? I appreciate your time fellas and fellaettes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
buy the parts from race engineering. i buy from them because they have good prices. 1350 isn't that bad. let them know how much the over-bore is so they send you the right sized piston and sleeve. you need to get the block bored first and then tell them what sized it's been bored to.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
do you know which darton sleeves they are including in the "package". i've seen people selling oem replacement to their new MID sleeve kits. as for going with larger displacement, you should have no problem running a larger bore of 84 or 84.5mm granted you have the proper sleeves that you can bore out to those diameters. a lot of piston companies like JE for example make b20/vtec pistons designed for ls blocks with b16 heads so you'll have to calculate the different in cylinder head cc and stroke of your gsr block to calculate compression. you could do custom pistons for a gsr, but that will raise the price of your pistons and will also take longer to get.

·
Registered
480 Posts
be sure and spend some time on your rod bearings. you can use a B18C rod bearing, the rods themselves will need to have tangs machined in them but it has been done.
any high hp, high rpm build... honda spent millions to make that bearing, why not use it? just an idea. good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts