Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal..im building my all motor b18b and i was readin the articles again and i noticed that i could use a b20 block and a b16A crank w. ls rods and that would give me a nice rod ratio of 1.77..so heres the ? could i use my b18b block/b16 crank/ls rods/ and i could basicially have "1.7 CTR that can rev like a bike" - MD ..i know the parts are interchageable but in the article MD says something like notching or something to achieve proper clearances or sumthing like that..does this apply to the b16a crank into a b18b block? Also the stock deck height on a b18b is 211.84 and the numbers that i got for the b16a crank/ls rods/ & ls pistons is 206.432..now since that is lower than the 211.84 a difference of 5.408mm..is that fine since it is lower than the stock 211.84? also i achieve the same number with the b16a pistons? would this number change if i used jdm b16a because i plan on using JDM B16 pistons..i just used my ls pistons for an example..can anyone please help me especially MD..thanks alot.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
do you mean a real high redline when you say 'rev like a bike'. there's a LOT of other factors to consider when determining what redline should be.

what cams do you plan on running? you didn't say anything about what head you were running, so i'm assuming you are using the stock head.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright thanks alot i understand now..i had no clue that would be in the common topics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts