Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 ls with B18b and an ITR tranny, IM lookin at the possibility of getting an obd1 b16a motor. I also am planning to turbo it pretty quick after getting it swapped.
I guess im sick of my old b18b motor burning oil and having to check that every other day...
So ive seen that you can get a b16a for about half the cost of a b18c (gsr motor). I know that if i had the ls tranny still and did the b16 swap with it n/a, it wouldnt be recommended. but what about b16 swap if its goin to be bolted to an itr tranny? and then soonly boosted?
Good choice? i guess its only about 10 tq less initially but then after boost it wouldnt matter...
And whats a safe redline for a stock jdm b16a2. would an 8500 redline be ok? I know its set at 8200 initially...
Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
ive been actually thinking of doin this for cash purposes. i can get a b16 for like 600. i would slap on some forged pistons and some rods. some mild boost. i think this would be a nice daily and reliable and cheap.
right now i have a b16 head and blown gsr block. i was gunna go n/a with it. but i might sell it and go b16 boost. good luck on the build.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, id be goin boost with it not n/a
so i dont think id have a problem with power...
and its only like 10 less tq. and the jdm b16a2 is 170 so it would have a lil more power... plus with added boost it would be good plus with my itr tranny...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.