Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 SE. I would like to put a VTEC engine in it, but GSR's are hard to come by around here.And when they are available,I'd have to sell my house to afford one. B16's are easier to get and JDM B16 put out 170hp just like USDM GSRs. And they are a hell of alot cheaper. Would it be woth it for the B16 swap?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
You do know that Japan measures their horsepower differently than we do, right? That could be the reason they put out 170...maybe I'm wrong about this, others will let me know...(I forget what the unit of measurement is called though...it's kind of like the idea of meters and yards.)

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
website info said:
92-95 (SiR-2) B16A Engine
• 1600cc (1.6L) DOHC Vtec engine.
• 170hp/113trq, 10.4 compression ratio.
(U.S. version has 160hp and 10.2 cr.)
• Hydro tranny type.
• P30 OBD-1 or OBD-2 ECU equipped.

Quote: website info 96-00 (SiR-2) B16A Engine
• 1600cc (1.6L) DOHC Vtec engine.
• 170hp/113trq, 10.4 compression ratio. (U.S. version has 160hp and 10.2 cr.)
• Hydro tranny type.
• P30 OBD-1 or OBD-2 ECU equipped.
I am sure its doable with enough money, same amount of peak HP but a rod/stroke ratio that can allow some really high reving. Does anyone know if the B16A has a higher deck height? That might be a problem as far as clearance?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Aug/13/02 said:
You do know that Japan measures their horsepower differently than we do, right? That could be the reason they put out 170...maybe I'm wrong about this, others will let me know...(I forget what the unit of measurement is called though...it's kind of like the idea of meters and yards.)
I understand that most metric rating countries rate in kilowats i believe, (off the top of my head correct me if I'm worng,) and that it converts to SAE back and forth seemlessly, just like meters and yards. I fyou follow some standard multiply X by Y to get Z. usually Y equals a rounded off number to get you to an aproximate number giving you a couple hundreths or thousandths off.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
arent integra heavier than civics? That is why a b18c in a civic runs 13s. How much torque does the b16 make?

It probably wont hall around an integra too good, or worse feel just like a ls engine. By the way i did see a gen2 integ with a b16 motor, but it was built and turboed out the whaaazooo. It put down 500 hp and their goal was low 12s. I dont know if this answers your question but i wouldn't put a civic anything in my integra. Just find a gsr in the junkyard i see them from time to time and im not even looking for one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts