Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was thinking about getting a b16 head for my 91 gs but im new to most engine specifications, and have no i dea what the pros and cons are of this.. any kind of help, would help me out alot..

·
Registered
676 Posts
kyleviney24 on Jan/23/06 said:
Hey I was thinking about getting a b16 head for my 91 gs but im new to most engine specifications, and have no i dea what the pros and cons are of this.. any kind of help, would help me out alot..
Look it up?

But.
Low end torque, "high end hp". It's pretty nice to drive, i've owned an LS/VTEC before.

You'll blow it up if you don't get a GSR oil and water pump though, because it really stresses your motor out due to the r/s ratio.

Inlinefour and numerous other companies sell ls/vtec kits that come with all the hoses and whatnot you'll need, so get one of those.

I dunno, I may be out of touch because either you love or hate ls/vtecs, and every other day someone figures something out about why the suck and why they rock.

·
Registered
103 Posts
u will need a new ECU, make sure it is an OBD-0 IM on it, you will probably need new rods, ls bottom end really doesnt do will with 8.2k redline, and ls/vtec lines as well as headstuds and a head gasket (good idea if the head is off)

probably run you about 1000 w/o rods

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
Mixing a vtec head with a no vtec block is called LS/VTEC, its a hybrid kinda, it is also not the easies or most straight forward mod you can do, especially when you are new to the import scene and modding.

I came up with all these results when I searched for LS/VTEC and I think it would be a good start for you to educate yourself about what its all about. If and when you have a more specific question that you could not find an answer to by searching feel free to ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.