Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would there be any advantage gained on the bottom end for strength if a b16 crank was put into a b18b block? The block is already fitted with a b16a ls vtec head.
if it fit how would the rod ratio change, bigger or smaller. Any changes in compression?

·
Registered
527 Posts
it would become a higher rod ratio.
im pretty sure the b16 crank has a much shorter stroke than a b18b. Im not sure if the stroke is TOO SHORT, though. Check the articles.. I know Michael Delaney posted one or 2 in the performance section.. swapping parts for power or something..

If the stroke is not too short, then yes, the advantage is that you can rev higher, SAFELY, without causing damage to the cylindar walls. So to answer your question, yes it would strengthen the bottom end.

not sure about compression, just go find that article..

Someone please correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure I might be able to rev higher, but iam not really interested in that too much, does any one know how much it will affect the piston dwell time, what i am looking to do here is to boost the efficiency of the intake and exhaust strokes with out losing any power and without having to stroke the crank. Or am I headed the wrong direction with this?

on a side note does anyone know if the b18b block has a spot for oil squirters or if it is already equipped with them

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
b16a = 77.4 vs. b18b = 89

b18b rods on a b18a crank gives a 1.77 r/s ratio but i don't think they fit for some reason... i dunno. read some more!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've read the article a couple of times, its just been awhile, "ya don't use it, ya lose it", was time to review and get my self staightened out, thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.