Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just lowered my 94 ls and before that sometimes when i turned to the left (driver side) it would give off a click sound...while installing my suspension, i looked around for scattered greese and could not find a thing...after installing everything and finding out my wheel has an offset of 30
my car creates a weird noise when i step on the gas...its like its grinding but goes away when i release the gas pedal...is this proof that my axle needs to be replaced?

Also, is 30 offset too much? the wheels are 14" unknown wheels that came with the car when i bought it two weeks ago...thanks for any help

·
Registered
527 Posts
whats with all the axels this winter..geez..

im assuming you can recognize the sound it makes..
so just check the axels, tug on them..pull them push them every which way..
if it's the slightest bit loose, then that's probably your problem.. check for hairline cracks in the axel also..

otherwise.. its them unknown wheels ya got there..haha
I can't hear the noise so it's hard to diagnose.
just check out the axels for me and come back here and let me know..

funny i just told some other guy in a different post to do the same thing.. =\

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah man i'm just dreading replacing the axle...money is kinda of tight so taking it to a shop is out of the question and this car really hates me working on it...i had a 4 day ordeal
just replacing the suspension and working on the rear lca's
, so i just know the axle nut is going to be rusted to hell and it'll take me forever to get it out...

i'll check out the car tomorrow and see whats up...

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
InfinityLS on Feb/16/04 said:
yeah man i'm just dreading replacing the axle...money is kinda of tight so taking it to a shop is out of the question and this car really hates me working on it...i had a 4 day ordeal
just replacing the suspension and working on the rear lca's
, so i just know the axle nut is going to be rusted to hell and it'll take me forever to get it out...

i'll check out the car tomorrow and see whats up...
Axle nut can be a pain, but it's no where near as bad as the LCA's. For one thing, it's right there, out in the open, begging to have it's ass kicked, which makes it so much easier to beat the sh*t out of it with a really big breaker bar.

No siezed bushings, breaking heads etc. Axles are a cakewalk compared to those motherf**kers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forreal?
when i tried removing my old civics axle nut i broke 2 breaker bars, 2 sockets and 2 wrenches...

hopefully it cant get any worse than the damn lca ordeal i went through...

:thumbup: for keeping me optimistic

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Usually around 100+k of moderate driving the stock ones go out. I advise on OEM replacements because the reman ones that come with a lifetime warranty usually need that warranty more than once.lol

If you want to install yourself, have some friends help you so you don't go crazy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i just checked both axles ane NIETHER have any greese around them...i checked they boots and they were still on tight and un-ripped...i dont know what else could be making that humming/grinding noise oNLY when i step on the gas...it cant be my wheel bearings cus as soon as i release the pedal, the car is quiet again...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HOLY ISH guys am i blind...look what i found tonight on the passenger side...

Replaced it with my friends old axle...he replaced his when he did his 5 lug swap...should finish up tomorrow after i get some mtf from honda...hopefully everything will be fine from now on...the thing i dreaded the most was taking the big 32mm bolt out, but that popped right out with a 2ft breaker bar
and a lil force...gotta bolt/tighten everything down tomorrow and put some fluid in and we'll see how it goes...*crosses fingers*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.