Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does a stock clutch generally last for?

My 96 (101000km's) seems as though its started to not function as well, so, when have those that have had them change replace them.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I think OEM clutches are made to last about 100K under regular use, meaning not abusing it on a daily basis. This includes constant burnouts, 5K RPM launches everyday, you get the point. I know that my clutch still grabs well, but my tires have ceased to scramble for traction when i shift into 2nd gear. I have 41K miles on a '01 GSR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 95 with 195K km's and still has stock clutch. I treat it pretty good - no burnouts but consistently hit 6K rpm through first, second and third.

You've asked a great question though as I'm wondering how much longer it'll last.

Cheers

·
Registered
409 Posts
i believe they're suppose to last the life of the car, base on regular driving.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i've talked to people who've sold their cars with almost 200,000 miles on em and the clutch is still intact... also talked to people who go through em in about 15 thousand miles.... my dad used to drive his car downtown chicago and back (about 45 mins) in traffic, and had to get it replaced at about 60k... my teg has 36000 miles on it, and the clutch feels like sh*t.... i just think that's the stock clutch for ya though. you can't expect a stage 3....

·
Registered
577 Posts
walkman on Sep/18/02 said:
i've talked to people who've sold their cars with almost 200,000 miles on em and the clutch is still intact... also talked to people who go through em in about 15 thousand miles....my dad used to drive his car downtown chicago and back (about 45 mins) in traffic, and had to get it replaced at about 60k...my teg has 36000 miles on it, and the clutch feels like sh*t....i just think that's the stock clutch for ya though.you can't expect a stage 3....
its funny that right around when i had the same mileage, i started to get mad cuz i thought my clutch felt like crap. I think its more of a psychological thing, at least for me. If i start thinking that it's not grabbing as hard, that's what i'd start to feel. I get really paranoid I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow I think I got you all beat, ready for this...I have a 2001 GS-R I had 13,000 on it and my clutch went! LOL. I was at the track and it was Import vs. Domestic. Well that mustang won that race! I came out of the hole at about 5500 rpm and I threw 2nd. all the sudden the car reeked of clutch and the car was reving and not goin. So in the long run it was only more of a reason to change it to ACT SS. I love it now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i just changed my clutch at 86k miles... that was a stock clutch... lasted from zero miles to 86k and still had some left did not really slip that much but it was time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts