Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up, I have a 95 gsr going to autox it. I am running a celica gts this year and the gsr next year. Wondering what people think of which suspension mods. only and what they have gained on the track. I am atleast going sts or street prepared. i have to take a couple things out of my car that like the clutch and flywheel but i will not go into street mod without major building. But im interested in Sway bar and any other things that will make a major differance. The only mods i have now for suspension is KYB AGX struts and Ground Control Coil overs set to about .75" lower

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i meant 94 GSR NOT 95

·
Registered
169 Posts
How much do you want to spend?
Sway bars are a must! The suspension technique set is one of the best on the market. Comptech kits are also really high quality. Polyurethane bushing set will also show a large advantage. Then of course shocks and a set of coilovers to do you right.
How serios are you and what class do you want to run?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Everyone has always told me, that don't buy any modifications for AutoX until you learn how to drive. once you are consistently getting good times for your class/setup, then upgrade your suspension. That way you can really appreciate and take advantage of the differences.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I kinda agree and disagree. I would rather learn to drive a car in one condition, rather than making change after change. I don't like having to adapt on the fly. Maybe I'm just weird.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know the car ive raced go-karts now im in a celica gts i just want to find out best stuff i agree with the learning before moding but i want this car full blast when i start next season this is my first autox year and im 56/300 contenders amd im missing a race. but next year i will be in the gsr and need a good sway bar i noticed the comptech uses same diameter as type r and uses new mounts so it dosnt tear outta the car was wondering if anyone has had good luck with others????

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
StyleTEG on Sep/06/02 said:
Everyone has always told me, that don't buy any modifications for AutoX until you learn how to drive. once you are consistently getting good times for your class/setup, then upgrade your suspension. That way you can really appreciate and take advantage of the differences.
I agree

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
whitegsr on Sep/06/02 said:
i know the car ive raced go-karts now im in a celica gts i just want to find out best stuff i agree with the learning before moding but i want this car full blast when i start next season this is my first autox year and im 56/300 contenders amd im missing a race. but next year i will be in the gsr and need a good sway bar i noticed the comptech uses same diameter as type r and uses new mounts so it dosnt tear outta the car was wondering if anyone has had good luck with others????
Upgraded swaybars are definitely a great place to start. The rear swaybar will have a profound impact on the handling of your car. I have the Comptech kit and love it. Good tires are obviously a first priority as well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry about the double post i accidently hit back on the browser forget that i had hit the post then hit the post again so YEH SORRY

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whoops i didnt double post GOD IM TIRED GOOD NIGHT. I think im gonna do the COMPTECH.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
whitegsr on Sep/07/02 said:
whoops i didnt double post GOD IM TIRED GOOD NIGHT. I think im gonna do the COMPTECH.
I rode with BlueTeg with his Comptech bar set on Meduim and I almost shat myself. It's definitely on my list.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
ITR OEM bar and BSQ's kit is like a MUCH cheaper version of comptech's. But then again, i could be a little biased ;) I got video of the GSR lifting the inside rear tire on thrns though, so it's gotta be doing something right.

I've had the ITR bar on my GSR for some while now. Biggest change in the car's handling. Total cost: $116.38 (AHmotor and BSQ's site). Comptech sells basically the same thing from what i understand (same diamater bar, same basic layout of the mouning kit), its just a shinier package. Oh yea, and after about 2 years of it being on the car, it's not torn out. Tehy only tear out if you have a stock suspension (or one with comperable sprin rates). With your upgraded suspension, you should be fine.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Fentoozler45 on Sep/07/02 said:
Quote: whitegsr on Sep/07/02whoops i didnt double post GOD IM TIRED GOOD NIGHT. I think im gonna do the COMPTECH. I rode with BlueTeg with his Comptech bar set on Meduim and I almost shat myself. It's definitely on my list.
Whitegsr: you did double post. But I saw it and deleted it for you. So don't worry.....you're not losing your mind.

Fen: If you almost sheet your pants before.....you should see now thats its set on stiff w/ the thicker gsr front swaybar. Now if I could just get those polyurethane bushings for the front and some new tires....

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Nacho on Sep/07/02 said:
ITR OEM bar and BSQ's kit is like a MUCH cheaper version of comptech's. But then again, i could be a little biased ;) I got video of the GSR lifting the inside rear tire on thrns though, so it's gotta be doing something right.

I've had the ITR bar on my GSR for some while now. Biggest change in the car's handling. Total cost: $116.38 (AHmotor and BSQ's site). Comptech sells basically the same thing from what i understand (same diamater bar, same basic layout of the mouning kit), its just a shinier package. Oh yea, and after about 2 years of it being on the car, it's not torn out. Tehy only tear out if you have a stock suspension (or one with comperable sprin rates). With your upgraded suspension, you should be fine.
While I totally agree w/ Nacho about the oem itr being a great "bang for the buck" vs. the comptech kit......

My Comptech kit cost $350 retail. You have to take into consideration that the Comptech kit also comes w/ a rear tiebar. So take the $115 that Nacho paid and add on another $125 if you want to put a rear tiebar on your car and you're up to about $240. So you're basically paying an extra hundred bucks for the ability to adjust the bar according to your driving preferences. Is it worth it? Thats for you to decide.

I wasn't sure if I would like the new handling characteristics that my car would have from swapping the anorexic 13mm swaybar to the larger 22mm swaybar. So having the ability to set the bar to softer than, equal to, or stiffer than the itr bar was worth the extra money.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeh sounds good i think im going to go with the comptech ive heard lots of good things about them. also has anyone noticed any differances from rear and front strut tower bars and have anyone swapped the front sway bar or fornt lower tie bar any differances??? and i mean like night and day differances. also how low does anyone reccommend i have my coil overs set to the highest i could get by hand and thats about 3/5-1" lowered they are ground controll on kyb agx struts

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
You'll be happy that you went Comptech. In terms of strut tower bars having a impact on your handling....it will be tough to "feel" the difference. I have the oem itr front strut brace and I really didn't feel much of a difference. I also swapped the front LS sway bar in favor of the larger 24mm gsr front sway bar. The gsr bar is 2mm thicker (about 140% stiffer and has better endlinks).

I got my gsr front swaybar from HAsport here in Phoenix. $100 used.
Which I thought was kinda steep. Anyway....I can't say that I highly recommend spending your money on the gsr front sway bar. Unless you're going with a larger than 22mm rear sway bar.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have a gsr do they make one bigger than 22mm for the front??? has anyone tried one

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i seen eibach makes 27 has anyone used one??

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Don't forget, you don't have to buy new parts to get a bigger bar. I know one of the Civic generations has a larger front bar that bolts right not; which generation it is I don't remember.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
biger than the stock gsr??? if anyone knows this let me know. if its an older one maybee i can get it at the junk yard.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts