Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, it's that time again to change those old rotors and pads. I'm going to be taking the teg out for some autox and some road course racing and I wanted to get something that will give me good braking. I was thinking of the Brembo OE Blank Rotors with the Hawk HP Plus Pads. Do you guys think that's a good choice or would you go for something else?

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Yes that is a good set up. I would suggest you also run some ducting from the front to the calipers for cooling. only for track days though.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Why Brembo brakes? What makes those blanks better than Autozone stuff? They are the same size, same material composition, so why pay 2x for the same thing?

What's the temp range for those pads? If you go too high, you'll loose your early braking response.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
You want almost the opposite from an AutoX pad, that you want from a Road Course pad.

In AutoX, you want a pad that has very good cold bite, and has a low operating temperature.

A road course pad, you want to be able to hold up to a lot of heat. So you want a pad that has a very high operating temperature.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Yep...which is why I've now opted to changing brakes for events, instead of riding the Ultimates out for everything. To put it frankly, the Ultimates wouldn't hold up after a couple of laps. I'd hit the brakes, and not slow as much as I'd like w/them (rode w/others that had those cobalt spec v blah blah...grabbed great at high heat). However, anywhere else, they were great pads...excellent even.

For now...I'll have a track pad up front (and a different rotor...autozone again that's bedded for those) and maybe (maybe) change the rears for the track as well too. For everything else, stock pads w/autozone rotors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why was my input about brake pads deleted? A question was asked about pads and I had an answer...

I have raced with/ against most pads on the market, and can tell you from experience what are the best Integra pads.

Honest product reviews are not a part of this forum?

Well, since racer testimony isn't important and answers to questions are deleted, I suppose those who asked the question get screwed.

Go ahead and buy the EBC "Green Stuff". Just don't be angry when your brakes catch fire and you crash. Too bad my answer was deleted... I may have been able to help a noob!

John Whitaker
East Coast Honda-Challenge
H1 #88

1 - 7 of 7 Posts