Team Integra Forums banner

Autometer Gauge Re-Connections - Use Clock Power for Feed?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  danteisme 
#1 ·
I have no idea if this the correct forum to place this question in. I did some re-wiring for my oil pressure and volt meter gauges in my quad pod. If you don't know already, the quad pod goes in the dash location of the stock clock. Obviously, the clock needs to come out for this installation. Here is my question - both gauges need a 12v accessory wire that turns on with the car for power. Can i splice into the power wire for the clock for both gauges? Or would that be too much draw for that wire? I believe the clock fuse is something like 7.5 amps. It would be super convenient if i could just tap that wire for power.

See less See more
#4 ·
Found the diagram i was looking for. I did some research on the gauges as well. Someone had a 6 gauge setup and they ran all of them at once and it had a total draw of 6 amps. I think i'll be good tapping this connection for both gauges according to this diagram.

i think i can tap the power feed for each gauge at the yellow wire from the clock harness, and tap the ground wire from the harness. It says that yellow wire passes through a 10 amp fuse to the clock. There is also the red/blk wire for the lights-on signal. I know that is to dim the clock unit at night, but i wonder if i can use that wire to power the led light for each gauge?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.