Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not an automatic fan at all, but you have done a very nice job at dealing with what u have. congradulations for having car of the mounth, hopefully my car will be there soon.

·
Registered
511 Posts
i have an automatic, its not as bad as it seems theyre pretty much just made to be show cars, and obviously this car is show and go, nice job i wish i had your car or lsvtec both of them are nice
nice job man, keep it up

·
Registered
302 Posts
very nice car...before you do anything else i would save up and change the tranny...personaly i would rather have a 5speed ls non-vtec with just an intake and nothing else and be a 5speed than have all that in an automatic...i just love to drive a 5speed i love how it feels and stuff more than just speed...but sweet car...if you change your trany your insurance wont change because your vin thinks its an automatic

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
MorningZ on Aug/20/02 said:
i'm sure he knows what he is doing and why he does what he does to his car
Yeah, you don't get a car like that, sitting around petting puddy cats.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Damn i love the automatic to manual talk i always hear people talk about it but i have never seen it done.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I love automatics, put it in drive and go, thats it. You can do whatever you want, even drive freehanded or something for a long time. Ive never driven a manual, so I dont really know how it is. I just see it being a pain in the butt when you live in a city and the lights cause a stop and go. Its just shifting up and down and up again, and so on. And then pushing the clutch, releasing the gas, it seems to be too much. Im supposed to be watching the road, and not pay most of my attention to changing gears.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you havent driven a manual you might as well say that you have never driven a car. Automatics are the worst thing ever they shft to early and they take to long to shift. There are exceptions to that the sport shift 3.2 cl-s chirps a nice 3rd gear with the sport shifter

·
Registered
304 Posts
My auto chirps second, now maybe its because i need new tires, or maybe, just MAYBE its because of the RAW HP MY LS MAKES!!!!!! AHHHHHHH

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
The fact of the matter is most of us don't live on a deserted island with long winding mountain roads and no posted speed limits to exploit the wonders of a manual transmission. That and the fact that most of us (over 90%) don't autocross or professionally race. We drive our cars to work and back more than 5 times a week going thru about 15 to 25 lights along the way. An automatic makes 100% more logical sense in that type of driving so don't hate on us. Different strokes for different folks. Of course if I owned a Ferrari Modena then the choice would be a little more obvious....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Then there are those of us who can't drive a stick due to physical limitations (such as the tendonitis in my knees and ankles). I still love cars but a stick just isn't an option for me anymore.

·
Registered
131 Posts
my 92 ls chirps second too!
It's the most powerfull auto i ever had.
and yes i can drive stick and damn good to it's just that the teg I fell in love with and had to have did not have a stick. And that just sux but i loved the car so much i had to have it no matter what! Some day I want to convert it to stick!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I can't (and don't want to) imagine my car an automatic!! But, just like doing mods, its all in what people prefer I guess. The car sounds sweet! Im planning on doing a VTEC head to my engine this spring...hopefully everything works out ok! Any suggestions?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts