Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys this is my first time posting on any forum. I recently bought my latest Acura Integra (1996). I have owned 10 Acura Integras. The owner had just swapped out the engine and when he sold it to me it seemed to have a transmission problem. It was so sluggish and downshifted with a jolt and clunk. So I did 2 flushes and ran all synthetic fluid both times. Thought maybe the solenoids were bad and even cleaned the solenoid screens etc. Still ran ****ty. So during my research I saw so many posts of people with the same problem yet everyone said these cars were known to do this. Well I wasn't buying into it because i had 9 others Integras and none had this problem and all had 150-200k miles on them and the other reason was that the problem wasnt consistent. So alot of hours spent I found a solution. The shift cable that connects to the throttle cable was too tight. when your foot is off the gas pedal the cable should have give to it so you have to adjust it. The other side of the throttle cable is the shift cable that goes into the transmission was too tight so the gears were always being pulled versus unengaged so they could move freely. If you want to do it yourself get a Haynes manual for 19.99 at autozone or a Pepboys. it explains a lot in there. I hope this helps someone because its a free solution to a seemingly expensive replacement!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts